[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Lovelife status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Ok, so it\'s not exactly MY lovelife, but check this out.

For those of you who read my gargantuan post, the following chick is the one that I broke up with during my first freshman semester.

For everybody else: I broke up with her after about a year and a half due to long-distance complications. She is a year younger than I.

Ok, so through highschool, I was part of a 6-person group, including my ex. We were all good friends, my ex and this other guy during 3rd year were really close. My ex and I were excellent friends too, and our friendship grew closer when the other guy turned into a total dick (possibly because of the closeness of the chick and I). When we were together, he basically contributed to countless battles of highschool politics and other such bullshit that plauged my relationship with her. In any case, we went along our merry way, and when I broke up with her over a year later, BEFORE I got off the phone with her, she rebounded on the other guy.

Fast forward to today:

So I just talked to her online, and as it turns out: they are slated to get married. No shit. They\'ve bought and traded rings, started making plans, the whole shebang (except for telling the parents.. wtf!?). Shes 18, he is 19, both still live at home and are attending their first semesters at an entry-level community college. They decided to get married something like 4 months after they started going out (the day I broke up with her). She got offended when I told her I was \"skeptical\" of the whole thing (I cited age, their lack of experience in life, potential for the both of them to change, etc), and told me that I didn\'t know what their relationship was like. I\'m glad I don\'t, either.

Ah, well. It doesn\'t surprise me: shes as naive as they come and has serious dependency issues, and he has the social and relationship skills of a 3 year old on prison-quality meth.

I was surprised at how indifferent I was to the whole thing, but still feel a little silly: wtf were her feelings for me like if she can be so instantly committed to a guy who, in the past, has proven that he doesn\'t really care for anybody but himself.
LOL, i\'m just glad you got out of that relationship you had with her!!!

naive girls are the WORST, especially ones like that.

stay well away and find a new girl buddy!!!

(that way you can laugh should their marrage fail, h?h?h
We\'ll see about the \"new girl\" thing. I\'m happy being single, and my only options are either taken or long-distance. The former might manifest into something in the future, but nothing to really plan for. The latter could work out as a random hookup (whenever I happen to be in Berkeley), or if she\'s looking for more, something more but long distance. In either case, I really have no intention of activley persuing either, seeing as I might be in Germany next year (thats still on the ballot, though), and I already know how the long-distance thing can work out.
Holidays are getting near, and I woke up feeling really depressed yesterday. Realising that I would be spending another new year\'s eve on my own, I kinda spiraled down again into a black hole.

I still miss Sarah, but I realise things will never work out with her, since she can\'t bring herself to express her feelings or talk about what drove her away from me (still have no clue what the real reason was she wanted to break up).

On the other hand, there\'s a girl I\'m really interested in. She\'s sweet, easy to talk to, and hasn\'t any problems to talk about awkward stuff like relationship problems. I\'m not sure if she\'s interested too, but at least she agreed to have a drink with me.

I should feel happy about this, but for some reason, I don\'t. Probably because I\'m not sure of anything anymore...
all in all, a shitty way to end the year.
Ask what she\'s doing for newyear?
If she doesn\'t have any plans you can\'t chip into (going somewhere with people you don\'t know or so), ask if you can come along?

If she\'s so open minded and understanding as you say, she\'ll understand you don\'t want to celebrate newyear on your own.
Or call old highschool friends or anything, just stick out your neck and you\'ll see! Smile

Don\'t stick out your neck and an image of some sad drunk drinking champagne in a dark living room comes to mind.
There aren\'t any interesting opportunities there...

Go for it! :tup:
w00p Wrote:Don\'t stick out your neck and an image of some sad drunk drinking champagne in a dark living room comes to mind.
that\'s what i do with beer in my bedroom :redface:
Big-Al Wrote:that\'s what i do with beer in my bedroom :redface:

Aaaaargh, shut up :eek:

:rofl:
still single
have found myself a nice canadian girl Tongue

:woot:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Reference URL's