Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grenadeshock
02-02-2005, 12:28 AM
RE: Granadeshock =)
Potato masher is explosive, none or little shrapnel
Mk 2 grenate (the one the allies use) is shrapnel nade
The germans had a type grenade that looked like the Mk2 too, and that was a shrapnel one also
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2005, 03:58 AM
or you COULD have the british pineapple nade (forgot its official designation) a combo of the 2 Smile
02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
RE: RE: Granadeshock =)
viper Wrote:or you COULD have the british pineapple nade (forgot its official designation) a combo of the 2 Smile

That would be the Mills(No. 36M) grenade I believe. I\'d post pics, but I\'m too lazy to scan anything in, seeing as I just had a few pints of Guinness.Big Grin
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Good post, but at least try to spell it right guys Smile

*edited thread title*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2005, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2005 10:21 PM by Jonathan.)
RE: RE: Granadeshock =)
Crazy_Ivan Wrote:Potato masher is explosive, none or little shrapnel
Mk 2 grenate (the one the allies use) is shrapnel nade
The germans had a type grenade that looked like the Mk2 too, and that was a shrapnel one also

Not sure, but I believe a possible candidate for that could be the \"Eihandgranate\".

[Image: gr_m39.jpg]
02-09-2005, 12:18 AM
RE: Grenadeshock
i think that is the one i meant... just forgot the name
02-16-2005, 09:57 AM
LOVE the idea of explosions having some effect. It would be nice if getting shot (but not killed) had some effect as well.

BTW here’s a quote from a letter David Webster (Band of Brothers) wrote:

“It was on the outskirts of that place that a mortar shell landed about six feet behind me, blew off my helmet (don\'t button your chin strap) and knocked me flat. When I got up my right arm was bleeding a little, so I went into the nearby aid station, thinking it would only take five minutes to get fixed up.”

So yes, a mortar shell would probably knock you down even if it didn’t do serious damage. In BoB, Webster also describes getting shot in the calf: “(it) spun me around, and knocked me down.”

Sometimes it seems like getting shot has no effect until you take one too many bullets and then suddenly die of lead poisoning!!!

So I think snazzy fx would be great.
02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Wasn\'t this same stuff discussed/suggested/mentioned about a year ago... or did I just live in a dreamlike state which makes me Nostradamus.
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
@Sgt. Boomer: The problem with those accounts are that in moments of stress( like battle) memories get easily distorted and its hard to remember exactly what happened
02-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Quote:@Sgt. Boomer: The problem with those accounts are that in moments of stress( like battle) memories get easily distorted and its hard to remember exactly what happened

ok then maby we should so some tests, i will need ww2 era explosives, my springfield, and a willing \"assistant\" any takers?