Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2005, 01:51 PM
RE: GL Goes TSE
Post pics away. Im interested to see.
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 02:10 PM
If they\'re upping all their models and maps for the TSE, that means that it will probably come out before TTR because they are hardly working on it. They have about 1 decent media updater per 3 or 4 months it seems like.
01-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes they do. Its very nice. Beta Test List gets posted next Sun Jan 30th...
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
@Yellowbelly:

That kind of attitude kind of aggrvates me.
Quote: that means that it will probably come out before TTR because they are hardly working on it. They have about 1 decent media updater per 3 or 4 months it seems like.

I dont think the concept that this is done in everyone\'s free time(all what? 6 of us right now? )
I am the lead Programmer, 17 years old. i have school responibilities aroudn the house, on top of having to convert all of teh several HUNDRED peices of things from UT2k4 BY MYSELF, on top of having to help manage TTR and program EVERYTHING.
We work VERY hard, and while we cant afford to drop an update in your people\'s laps every week, as nice as it would be, that is IMPOSSIBLE.
We DO NOT have the time or man power to work on this every second of the day. pretty much everyone on the team is working on AT LEAST 2 things at the same time, so we are pretty much walking backwards to cath up where we where with 2k4.

The reason we have decided to transition to teh Torque game engine, and put back all of our work is because WE BELEIVE THIS WOULD BE THE BEST FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE AROUND THIS GAME.

i am very sorry that you can look to use for constant progress, and beleive me, i would LOVE to tell you people everything, but at that point, it be NOTHING but B and M\'ing because you know everything, but the sad fact of it all is this:
we can talk faster than we can work.
thats the truth. telling you everything, or showing everything off as soon as it\'s done would mean that you would have to wait for another long period until something else is finished ot the point of showing, and the cycle is repeaded indefinately, eventually becoming more of a race to get the next tidbit of an update out in time to not dissapoint anyone in the community.
it would cease to be fun, everyone on the team would leave, and ttr would likely die.
this may not happen in other games, but teh fact of thre matter is, we are here to enjoy working on a game to give for free to you people, but at the point where it is no longer worth working on, such as not being fun at all to work on, would simply kill morale and everyone would leave.

So i am terribly sorry that we cannot keep up with GL\'s update pace, but to be honest, its not our job to keep up with anyone.

I apoligize for this long, OT, agressive post, but i HAVE to point out, once and for all, why we cannot put out as often as everyone else.

I am sorry.
01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Like Reno said, we have just recently started from scratch. I have a few things too show and I am currently working on a few things. Still, if I released everything I had in a single statement you\'d not see squat fomr us for quite some time.

We\'re not modding anymore. \'tis the real deal this time round Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2005 07:31 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Dont ... upset ... the ... programmer, dude! :con:
Nice Reno, good Reno. You\'ll get milk and cookies in a while, now go haxx0r away, young programmer! Smile
01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
also, we still need crew, so if anyone has some skills, please contact me, joeb2c@yahoo.co.uk or post a pm message.
01-25-2005, 01:56 AM
I\'m terribly sorry for making anyone get upset. I know that the TTR team is working really hard and I VERY VERY MUCH appreciate that. It\'s just that this GL game has been kinda iffy since I started watching out for it. Even the forums seem like they are dead sometimes. I was kinda suprised when they had 500 beta applicants. Once again I\'m sorry, and I will say that I\'m quite excited about these new games. I guess I\'m a little impatient.
01-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Whoa look what my post brougth out.....Relax guys take your time.