Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riots in France...
11-14-2005, 10:28 PM
RE: Riots in France...
I don\'t really care why they started even though it was due to two illiterate idiots. Yeah they\'re french kids but usually from the Banlieu or whatever it\'s called (which usually are second or third generation immigrants). Don\'t really care who it is or where the person comes from but torching people\'s cars is not the way to do it.

If they did this in 1789 it wouldn\'t have changed anything. \"Burn them carts!! Burn themmmmm\"

Belgium came into existance over riots followed by a play, so yeah \"a pretext to start fighting\". Problem is they\'re fighting the wrong way.

La Haine is a good movie and it shows a bit over the relationship with the Banlieu people and the cops, and this is a movie from the \'95\'s. They had it coming but again, torch governmental BMW\'s not next-door neighbour lada\'s.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Argh, crop it! :angry:

So anyway, the film starts with a joke about a guy who falls off a very tall building, and at regular intervals while he is falling he keeps comforting himself, \"So far, so good. So far, so good\".

Perhaps a little glib, but still a good metaphor for the predominent feeling in a ghetto of not going anywhere fast.

Making excuses for the riotees and trying to understand why it happened is NOT the same thing, Del. Every time something like this happenes someone always retorts that \"what they are doing is not good, not productive, it\' damaging\".

That\'s beside the point, cuz how does one solve anything by not talking about and learning from it?

The LA riots actually needed a travesty of a court case to ingnite. This one just combusted. (well, trowing gas grenades into a Mosque during Ramadan probably did\'nt help much either).
Find all posts by this user
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
Delirium_ Wrote:La Haine is a good movie and it shows a bit over the relationship with the Banlieu people and the cops, and this is a movie from the \'95\'s. They had it coming but again, torch governmental BMW\'s not next-door neighbour lada\'s.

and the police cars... only makes the rioters look dumb going around burning the wrong peoples cars.

leave teh ladas alone!!:wall: Sad
11-14-2005, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2005 11:51 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Ah, so you want politically correct riots, is that it? You just think its the wrong kind of rioting? That\'s pretty shallow.
11-15-2005, 12:28 AM
I can\'t resist this... last night on the new series of Top Gear... they announced the results of their Car ownership survey...

Out of the worst 13 cars... 10 were french.

and to quote them on TV last night..

\"No wonder they\'re all burning their cars in France at the moment!\"

Big Grin
11-15-2005, 02:19 AM
hahaha excellent. Top gear is one of the best shows on the telly imho.
11-15-2005, 03:57 AM
viper Wrote:I can\'t resist this... last night on the new series of Top Gear... they announced the results of their Car ownership survey...

"No wonder they\'re all burning their cars in France at the moment!"

Big Grin
LOL :rofl:
11-15-2005, 05:25 AM
viper Wrote:I can\'t resist this... last night on the new series of Top Gear... they announced the results of their Car ownership survey...

"No wonder they\'re all burning their cars in France at the moment!"

Big Grin

hahaha yup, saw it too. classic! Tongue
11-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Bah, I bet a lot of that came from the in-bred hatred between the French and the English Tongue

I like French cars. On fire.
11-15-2005, 06:07 AM
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:Argh, crop it! :angry:

So anyway, the film starts with a joke about a guy who falls off a very tall building, and at regular intervals while he is falling he keeps comforting himself, "So far, so good. So far, so good".

Perhaps a little glib, but still a good metaphor for the predominent feeling in a ghetto of not going anywhere fast.

Making excuses for the riotees and trying to understand why it happened is NOT the same thing, Del. Every time something like this happenes someone always retorts that "what they are doing is not good, not productive, it\' damaging".

That\'s beside the point, cuz how does one solve anything by not talking about and learning from it?

The LA riots actually needed a travesty of a court case to ingnite. This one just combusted. (well, trowing gas grenades into a Mosque during Ramadan probably did\'nt help much either).

I really don\'t feel like argueing about the validity of opinions but since I\'m in a bad mood...

Your \"joke\" in the movie isn\'t a joke but a depiction of a society in decline (like he says it in the movie btw). Society plummething down to a harsh death but all it can do is reasure itsself that \"everything is ok\" even though, ofcourse, it isn\'t. The movie also, even though being more \"anti \"nique la\" police\" then anything else shows the shallowness of most of the people in the suburbs. The ending, which I\'m not going to spoil here, also raises some questions. But yea opinions again.

Excuses or reasons, the line is thin, in school they used to say bein sick is an excuse for not goinh even though it might be a valid reason. Again, may they torch whatever the fuck they want to torch but torching \"innocent\"\' people\'s cars is just plain bullshit. Fuck politically correctness btw, they all talk about not having a job and no future, France is -like many Western countries- a country where the gap between rich and poor gets more and more deep... but all they can do is torch people\'s cars who have a hard time getting by as well. Again, for all that I care this stuff was ignited because someone farted in a mosque (or church or temple -here\'s your politically correctness) fact remains that this \"enflamement\" just inflames the people affected while bastard politicians, like always, are looking to get a spot in the well-payed seat above them. All this does it instigate the wrong people, like flooding the apartments around you instead of the landlords\'.

I do wonder though why the LA riots come in play all the time, talked about \"minorities\" and we all know how good the blacks have it in the USA even though most of them are 10th generation.

Problem is also that most people DO NOT learn from this nor the past nor scientific explanations, the only time they WILL get it is the time when that nose hits the cold hard pavement after that 76 story leap.

Jusqu\'ici, tous va bien
Jusqu\'ici tous va bien