Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riots in France...
11-09-2005, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2005 11:27 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: Riots in France...
(To no one in particular) You know, by blaming the riot-kids themselves, and not even trying to understand what this is about, one is in danger of approaching this as with historic events in the recent Fox spoof in the litter bin section of this forum.

Granted, the french are riot crazy, but this has been going on for a long time. It\'s ten years since the the movie ?La Haine? came out, a film which delt with these exact problems, and nothing has changed since. Would\'nt you be angry if the rest of society pretended you didn\'t exist?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2005, 11:37 PM
PS I don\'t think the media are doing anyone a service by sticking eager microphones in front of rioting 15 year olds in stead of trying to understand what has happened and is happening in the immigrant ghettos of france.

BTW how many of you were aware of these huge, depressing ghettos on the outskirts of Paris before the riots? If my guess is correct, that most of you wew oblivious to them, the rioters have already won by simply letting us know.
11-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Curiously I\'ve been thinking about that movie since all this started. And yes, absolutely, that FOX parody suits perfectly here. The danger of making that satire real in this moments is pretty high.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2005, 11:53 PM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:(To no one in particular) You know, by blaming the riot-kids themselves, and not even trying to understand what this is about, one is in danger of approaching this as with historic events in the recent Fox spoof in the litter bin section of this forum.

Granted, the french are riot crazy, but this has been going on for a long time. It\'s ten years since the the movie ?La Haine? came out, a film which delt with these exact problems, and nothing has changed since. Would\'nt you be angry if the rest of society pretended you didn\'t exist?
Because in France, it takes this kind of violence for anyone to do anything.

The french goverment sux. it\'s that simple, if there is a problem, they always hide it untill it\'s too late. they deny, lie and cheat. Remember how chirac stole money, probably still does, a guy denounced chirac actions and then killed himself?

if the french gouverment do make new laws and spend more money on education etc, it only proves that they have been dumb in their way of doing stuff and that there are problems. If they do nothing, riots will happen gain... it\'s just a question of time.
11-10-2005, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 12:53 AM by The_Punisher.)
I don\'t know much about the place, but there are some interesting thoughts here: http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/000709.html
11-10-2005, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 01:24 AM by viper.)
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:BTW how many of you were aware of these huge, depressing ghettos on the outskirts of Paris before the riots? If my guess is correct, that most of you wew oblivious to them, the rioters have already won by simply letting us know.

Yes I was aware of them... 90% of all major cities have these areas.

The difference with the French culture is that they deny anything negative about their society exists and hence the problem they have at the moment. Its one of the two main things the British hate the French for Wink; they give the persona they are perfect when in reality this is far from the truth. The other thing of course being that we consider the French authorities to be nothing less than cowards.

The slightest thing can spark off riots though.

Here in Birmingham we had a load of riots a few weeks ago between the African and Asian communities in our so-called \"slum\" areas of Handsworth, Alum Rock and Lozelles (although granted no-where near as bad as those areas in Paris)... a rumour started going round that a 15 year old African girl had been raped by a gang of Asians in a shop. Rioting began after \"nothing\" was supposedly done by the police and this lasted for a few nights. Then it emerged the Police had been doing something all along the problem being that the Girl hadn\'t come forward and her identity was unknown so without her what were they supposed to do? Rioting died down after the entire community got together and condemned the rioting and stood behind the Police. It later turned out that one of two possibilities had happened...
a) the African girl was an illegal immigrant hence hadn\'t come forward (least likely).
b) Rival Asian shop keepers had started the rumour to sabotage the suspects shop and it got well out of hand...

Thing is; here in the UK we recognise the slum areas and councils/local government do what they can to help the communities rather than ignore them!!

Vips
11-10-2005, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 01:35 AM by joeb.)
The_Punisher Wrote:I don\'t know much about the place, but there are some interesting thoughts here: http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/000709.html

What a POS rant on muslims... The article implies that multiculturalsm allowed islam to grow into it\'s true self and therefore rise to these riots?? :wacko:
11-10-2005, 02:53 AM
I don\'t really have anything to say about the topic. Though I do notice that you just discount the idea, instead of countering it.
11-10-2005, 03:16 AM
The_Punisher Wrote:I don\'t really have anything to say about the topic. Though I do notice that you just discount the idea, instead of countering it.
good point, since when do (\"probushstyle\") americans ever get into non-US politics unless they intend to invade Wink

i guess at least this means that the US have nothing planned whan it comes to france Tongue

:rofl:
11-10-2005, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 03:28 AM by The_Punisher.)
NO OIL FOR CHEESE!

No, I\'ve had a lot of stuff going on lately and haven\'t really had time to follow what was actually happening.