Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riots in France...
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
RE: Riots in France...
I\'m pretty much on the same line as Big-Al, even though I don\'t know about this CRS force. And if they send in the army, which they more than likely will if this continues, then a bloodbath seems inevitable.

And I bet this is only getting worse - or better, depending on how you look at it. Exciting times we\'re living in...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Don\'t really get the point of the riots as it merely started with two idiots hiding in an electrical cabinet who got electrocuted, oh and they were chased by the police.
Riots in Brussels South yea, but for what, the same police? The same government? Our government sucks ass but I doubt some immigrants, maroccans or turks torching other people\'s cars will make it into something decent. Attack the government, the police, the order that runs things, not normal people who already suffer under the kapitalist burdon.
I\'m all for revolution but this is just a bunch of violent, sorry to say mostly immigrant kids who didn\'t get raised by their parents wreaking havoc.
We\'ll see what happens huh, Euro2000 was fun in Brussels but I was a tad younger then and didn\'t have bills to worry about.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2005, 08:43 PM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
Delirium_ Wrote:Don\'t really get the point of the riots as it merely started with two idiots hiding in an electrical cabinet who got electrocuted, oh and they were chased by the police.

It was just a false pretext to start fighting. They fight for more than 2 dead guys. Read some articles about it.
11-08-2005, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2005 10:04 PM by shift.)
You are forgetting that they are not inmigrants, just french kids. If they\'re sons or grandsons or whatever of inmigrants is pointless. They are now as french as Big-Al or Sarkozy.

Calling this an \"inmigrants problem\" is like calling the revolts by black people in USA back in the 60\'s a \"slaves problem\". IMO this is more a social and classist issue than anything else.

*edit*: corrected an extra \"revolts\"
11-08-2005, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2005 10:01 PM by IntRed.)
I was just talking about it yesterday to a buddy of mine, the way the French government is handling this is very debatable at best, the reaction of the president came after only 10 days of rioting, and after 1400+ cars where burned to a crips they decided to invoke a nighttime curfew\'s for minority\'s, I mean seriously are they waiting t\'ill somebody gets killed to act, why don\'t they send troops instead of posting them at the sides doing nothing but trying to look mean so they get scared.

Its also a crying shame these kids have no other means of expressing themselves, by using violence they not only hurt innocent hard working people, but their own community as well, how do you think politics is going to react against these youths, seriously doubt its going to instigate investments into social projects, refurbishment of housings, etc etc.

Then again for 85% of these kids, these riots are a form of entertainment, I remember parttaking in a strike when I was a kid, it was fun, I didn\'t knew what it was about, made lots of noise, blocked traffic, and thats about it.

I seriously hope they get their act together the government, not only in solving the current riot, but also on the problems at hand, the suburbs, the so called cit?s.
11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Already saw some CRS badges running around on TV. Seems they don\'t like cameras just as the riotters themselves. TV crews are allowed near the command truck and no further.

With the available info about how the french police tends to handle things that involve immigrants from the former colonies, anyone can think for himself what happens outside public view...
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Delirium_ Wrote:Don\'t really get the point of the riots as it merely started with two idiots hiding in an electrical cabinet who got electrocuted, oh and they were chased by the police.
Riots in Brussels South yea, but for what, the same police? The same government? Our government sucks ass but I doubt some immigrants, maroccans or turks torching other people\'s cars will make it into something decent. Attack the government, the police, the order that runs things, not normal people who already suffer under the kapitalist burdon.
I\'m all for revolution but this is just a bunch of violent, sorry to say mostly immigrant kids who didn\'t get raised by their parents wreaking havoc.
We\'ll see what happens huh, Euro2000 was fun in Brussels but I was a tad younger then and didn\'t have bills to worry about.
:wtf: that\'s how it started? that\'s dumb though... no matter how you see it :wall:
my guess is that the 2 guys hideing were illiterate and couldn\'t read the dander sign Smile

shift Wrote:You are forgetting that they are not inmigrants, just french kids. If they\'re sons or grandsons or whatever of inmigrants is pointless. They are now as french as Big-Al or Sarkozy.

Calling this an "inmigrants problem" is like calling the revolts by black people in USA back in the 60\'s a "slaves problem". IMO this is more a social and classist issue than anything else.

*edit*: corrected an extra "revolts"
shift, i\'m far less french than lots of those people fighting. i have the right to work, live, and do some minimalistic voting in france, so on paper, i\'m not french. Sarkozy is of polish origin i believe, but he has french nationality on paper.

IntRed Wrote:I was just talking about it yesterday to a buddy of mine, the way the French government is handling this is very debatable at best, the reaction of the president came after only 10 days of rioting, and after 1400+ cars where burned to a crips they decided to invoke a nighttime curfew\'s for minority\'s, I mean seriously are they waiting t\'ill somebody gets killed to act, why don\'t they send troops instead of posting them at the sides doing nothing but trying to look mean so they get scared.

Its also a crying shame these kids have no other means of expressing themselves, by using violence they not only hurt innocent hard working people, but their own community as well, how do you think politics is going to react against these youths, seriously doubt its going to instigate investments into social projects, refurbishment of housings, etc etc.

Then again for 85% of these kids, these riots are a form of entertainment, I remember parttaking in a strike when I was a kid, it was fun, I didn\'t knew what it was about, made lots of noise, blocked traffic, and thats about it.

I seriously hope they get their act together the government, not only in solving the current riot, but also on the problems at hand, the suburbs, the so called cit?s.
the french goverment pften works like that... even on the lowest levels. my example is with places where the roadsigns are bad, if there are enough accedents, or someone dies, it\'s only then that the signes on that bit of road are rethourght?
11-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Sgt. Boomer Wrote:He’s been in Canada since the rioting started.

:con:

You don’t suppose they\'re rioting because Al left the country?

Not because he left, but because he will return to France...
11-09-2005, 04:34 PM
shift Wrote:You are forgetting that they are not inmigrants, just french kids. If they\'re sons or grandsons or whatever of inmigrants is pointless. They are now as french as Big-Al or Sarkozy.

Calling this an "inmigrants problem" is like calling the revolts by black people in USA back in the 60\'s a "slaves problem". IMO this is more a social and classist issue than anything else.

*edit*: corrected an extra "revolts"

Actually there are immigrants fighting. Well if french kiddos are fighting too just to destroy some cars then france has 2 problems.
11-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Well actually allot of the people who you call immigrants have lived in france for decades. Theire ancestors came over from the french colonies and still they are immigrants?