Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The thanks people get for help....
10-22-2005, 06:14 AM
RE: RE: The thanks people get for help....
The_Punisher Wrote:Hey, someone barks at me, I bark back. Especially when they are wrong.

well thats one way to do it. but there was this crazy stoner chinese dude back in the named Lao Tzu. he said a bunch of crazy things, but they all made sense. of course, as your reading it youre saying things like \"whoa! that makes sense!\" and \"whoa! this guy was stoned into a higher plane of consciousness when he wrote this.\" i highly suggest every one read his work(Tao Te Ching).

but anyway, one of his sayings sorta goes like this (theres a huge lead-up, but this is the conclusion): \"Those who dispute, do not see.\"

thusly, when someone barks at me, i listen. i try to get them to talk all of their B.S. out. and if i know theyre wrong, i make sure they do it loudly and in a public area. either they\'ll realize theyve made an ass of themselves, or - after divulging their whole argument at once - i\'ll thoroughly thrash each of their points.

barking back and forth doesnt solve anything: nothing is understood and everyone gets pissed off. to be understood, seek understanding. those who do not trust enough will not be trusted etc.

hope this made sense. i just like to ramble about lao tzu(not sun tzu. he wrote about war).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The thanks people get for help.... - viper - 10-18-2005, 10:23 PM
RE: RE: The thanks people get for help.... - dr.moe - 10-22-2005 06:14 AM