Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
RE: Reno\'s Project Revealed.
Well i agree with Everest:nag:.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I think you two should be making your own game for people to sneer at at regular intervals... And what\'s with the absence of lame grass jokes? And why am I spamming up these boards today? Sry.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2005, 11:12 PM
way to go Reno! Big Grin awsome to crawl through such grass
10-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Everest, imagine laying in the grass as a sniper watching someone else crawl through the grass. you wouldn\'t see the person, you would see the grass moving..

or throwing grenades in a grass with the grass following the shockwave of the blast...

Really this is revolutionary, it simply has never been done to this extent in any game ever!
10-12-2005, 11:51 PM
joeb Wrote:Really this is revolutionary, it simply has never been done to this extent in any game ever!

I wonder which are the drawbacks. Does it have any performance hit? Cause all that grass moving dinamically sure will be create a slowdown festival. Will it be switchable by the user or the server?

Sorry, but lately all this revealed new tech stuff (indieGrass, FFHDR, and all the stuff not yet unveiled but hinted) is starting to sound quite \"TTR:Far Cry\" to me. What kind of minimum specs machine are you aiming to right now?
10-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Well yeah, we are aiming at next gen graphics, so the specs can become, well, high.

I\'m not very sure about the performance of the grass, but Reno did get a demo of it working with thousands of \'em grass thingies, running at about 30fps using his system. He told me that the demo he made was far heavier for the CPU and such than if it would run ingame. - Reno, could ye explain it a little? Wink
10-13-2005, 12:58 AM
looks nice Smile

makes me want to stop fighting, sit down in it...

... and sip a beer Smile

[Image: indiegrass.jpg]
10-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Everest – imagine a lush 3d game about lawn mowing. You start off as a penniless student trying to earn enough for college, and go door to door mowing peoples lawns. Once they’ve added “indiehedge” you’ll be able to build up a whole gardening empire. For pity’s sake man, use your imagination!

Seriously though, it looks like a great project. Not only adds beauty but also tactical possibilities- as long as it isn’t client side optional. Otherwise you’d have one guy sneaking carefully though the grass, and the other guy laughing his head off as he takes a clear shot.
10-13-2005, 02:40 AM
it makes the possibilities... WOW!!!

anyway, i find this whole consepte to reallly be amazing!

wow!

and, to think i was always going on about long grass in the sugestions for UT:TTR back in the day Tongue

a real thumbs up to the ttr team Big Grin

and... how about making a .gif image of the grass Wink