Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CryEngine2
09-25-2005, 06:12 AM
RE: RE: CryEngine2
joeb Wrote:... take a close look at the building just before the truck hits, it seems the house is \'replaced\' by something falling apart....
Actually, its just the impact of the truck you\'re driving that gets simulated.
If you look carefully, its the entire camera that budges a few units to emphasize the impact feel. Everything in the image looks like its been replaced or so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2005, 10:28 AM
RE: CryEngine2
Technical advancements in engines and use of hardware and all that are great, but they mean nothing if they are not backed by good gameplay and creative implemenations of the new technology. The mesh between the two is what makes a good game a good game. It\'s great that CryTek is doing all of that and really pushing the envelope in terms of graphics and physics, and so forth, but without quality story and character design... it won\'t be anything more than a big splash.

TTR has proven in the past that it\'s not all about high-poly models and slick particle engines, and I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us Big Grin
09-25-2005, 08:57 PM
RE: RE: RE: CryEngine2
w00p Wrote:
joeb Wrote:... take a close look at the building just before the truck hits, it seems the house is \'replaced\' by something falling apart....
Actually, its just the impact of the truck you\'re driving that gets simulated.
If you look carefully, its the entire camera that budges a few units to emphasize the impact feel. Everything in the image looks like its been replaced or so.

could be yes, but I what I meant was that the building started falling apart before the truck even hit it :eek::wtf::wacko:

PS. Iso, well said mate.