Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CryEngine2
09-20-2005, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2005 08:57 PM by Jonathan.)
Sad CryEngine2
video

Well nothing more to say then :eek: :wall:
This just makes it even harder to get some recognition in the shadow of the big next-gen games.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2005, 09:15 PM
RE: CryEngine2
All I see is just more eyecandy.
The only thing that can improve gameplay are the destructible buildings.

But, yes, looks \"prudy\" and it will p0wn you all Tongue
09-20-2005, 10:46 PM
it\'s most likely software rendered, plus, take a close look at the building just before the truck hits, it seems the house is \'replaced\' by something falling apart.

The plants - it has been done (Hitman)
The clouds - it has been done (FS2004)
Advanced shaded head - it\'s just a high poly head with a good texture and some shaders..

the only cool thing is the fire.
Find all posts by this user
09-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Bring on TTR!
09-21-2005, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2005 03:42 AM by IntRed.)
looks nice, but from what i read about this, its run on dx10, and will be a \'launchgame\' for the new windows vista, so its still some time before we will be able to play on this engine.

@joeb, of course \'its been done\', now just more realistically Smile

ps read the interview here : http://www.crymod.com/index.php?p=showto...=13&area=1
09-21-2005, 04:15 AM
so when is DX 10 out?
09-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Looks great.
09-21-2005, 05:58 AM
*yawn*

I wonder if they will ever be capable to render a humans rectum as realistically as possible when it squeezes out some foreign or not so foreign object. And most of all, if it will all baffle and amaze us as well as making us want to play the damn game equally as much as they do now with this.
09-21-2005, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2005 07:03 AM by Reno.)
Joe nailed it pretty well. Anything these big companies or engines can do, we can do as well, it\'s just getting the resources for it. The fact that it\'s all on DX10 only means that it\'s going to be more effecient about how it does it\'s shaders and rendering, but every single thing shown(besides the soft particles, those are just hard to do with current API\'s) the TTR team could do just as well(maybe slightly less because we dont have DX10 Wink )
The only thing they\'re really making a massive jump over us on is the fact they can do it, and they can do it more effeciently.
We could code soft particles for the CPU, i just hope no one minds 0.4fps Wink

also, haha @ delirium\'s post Tongue

edit: though one thing that DX10 completely trounces everything with is it\'s new geometry shader. the ability to manipulate whole polygons or series of polys at once with 1 shader is a mighty powerful tool. wish i had them Tongue
09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
so when is dx10 avalable for you guys to play with then?