Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Suggestions
09-10-2005, 01:18 PM
RE: Site Suggestions
From here on out, let\'s please stick to the topic.

Suggestions for the site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
OK I stick with the firefox debate brought up (although briefly looking through the site I see no apparent problems so maybe these comments should be stuck in a support forum?) but.. seriously.. why develop a site on a minority browser?
I acknowledge and respect spunges talents.. I know he knows I do, but.. come on.. don\'t alienate the site from main stream stuff.. it defies all business sense!
09-10-2005, 05:00 PM
What about a favicon on the site? You know the icon that appears next to the url?

It\'s dead easy.
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
RE: RE: Site Suggestions
Yellowbelly Wrote:I was promised a huge media update at the launch of the new site. Where is it? It\'s cool if it\'s coming later. I was just curious.
Yeah, I wondered about the lack of media too. There\'s 4 categories, but only one is open for now, or something? There\'s gotta be more stuff, 7 models aren\'t much so far... We\'ll probably see it later on... As usual :roll: Tongue Wink :nag:
09-10-2005, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2005 09:31 PM by joeb.)
we\'re spreading the news a bit, just to make sure you guys won\'t get seizures. See? We do care about our community! :rofl:
09-10-2005, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2005 10:04 PM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
RE: RE: Site Suggestions
[color=green]
djs Wrote:OK I stick with the firefox debate brought up (although briefly looking through the site I see no apparent problems so maybe these comments should be stuck in a support forum?) but.. seriously.. why develop a site on a minority browser?
I acknowledge and respect spunges talents.. I know he knows I do, but.. come on.. don\'t alienate the site from main stream stuff.. it defies all business sense!
Jonathan (in his dev journal) Wrote::wtf: Deleted some of the stupid spam posts. And don\'t let me catch you in the forums again with this kinda crap. There\'s enough browser wars & debates around the web already, it\'s full of it thesed days. We don\'t need one in these forums as well. :angry:
Careful there, djs Tongue Wink

Oh and joeb, I like your sense of irony Tongue
09-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, JoeB spoke the truth on that one. We *are* spreading the news to avoid giving you everything now and end up with nothing for a month or two. Something wich doesn\'t go down well with some of our regulars.

This is why *I* have decided to dish it out in small portions so you have something atleast every two weeks.

Being a PR guy makes you synical to the bone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I agree with EK about this. Nothing worse then one mega update and then 3 months with no news.
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Being one of the many community member that feel as if they\'ve been led on for months, that\'s what makes me so cynical. Sorry for giving you a hard time communicating, but we both know how hard it is to wait around after all this time too, don\'t we?

What you could do, is say: we will update on every first Sunday of the month, for example. Gives you enough time to spread out what you have, and enough time to make new stuff in the meantime. And the community wouldn\'t be left to wonder about the future of their beloved TTR.
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2005 10:24 PM by ElvenKind.)
... and is *exactly* what I\'m planning to do, as I mentioned.

Besides, not everything the team does can be shown/displayed. Some things are pure code wich wouldn\'t make sense to most of us non-coders.

Some of it could ofcourse be written about, but without some media to back up the \"story\" it would probably loose most of it\'s impact. And we are still some distance away from the vids.

Still, rest assured that there will be news items on a regular basis as much as it is possible (as promised). Just don\'t expect too much too fast. The engine is still not complete.

The site has been open for almost 3 days, with content you\'ve never seen before. Yes, only one model for now, but there are other things in there that we\'ve been working on for some time to make it look and sound as good as possible.

A couple of hours after the release of the site, people are yelling for more or being negative because there wasn\'t *enough* to please them.

Try to figure out why that is not exactly sparking my engine, providing me with a lust for creating more things to make you happy.

I have promised that after the site goes online (wich is has now) there will be more updates on a regular basis. This promise I intend to keep. Still, squabbling about what we should or shouldn\'t do is something that takes a lot of energy out of me and I will not continue to justify what I do. There is a plan. Like the outcome or not, it\'s how it is.

Now get back on topic. Suggestions for the site. Telling me how you think I should do my job has little to with that...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user