Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
10-01-2005, 10:46 AM
RE: The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
i dont know if the game was like this, but i was kinda freaked out by the game \'Sanitarium.\' i only played the demo, but the bedlam and insanity and offness of the game made me pretty uneasy.

never played the actual game though. a pity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
I\'ll check out the demo in a bit: it looks pretty crazy, if a little overdone.

While maybe not \"scary\" in the Doom 3 sense, the Valkyr sequences in Max Payne were eerie, trippy, well-done, and twisted. Playing that alone in my dark room at 3:00 really fucked my shit up Tongue

Doom 3 was scary at the beginning (atmosphere + shit jumping out), but, as somebody said above, it soon got predictable and cliche. *shurg* I\'m more into immersion than scary things.
10-01-2005, 05:14 PM
RE: RE: The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
isoFlux Wrote:I\'m more into immersion than scary things.
i agree. that\'s why black mesa was so good in half-life and all the mods!
i didn\'t really like the alien levels that much, but they gace a little background on where the aliens cale from at least... so...

Diablo 1 was kinda scary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2005, 04:33 AM
To me Myst was somehow scary...i don\'t know, the alone-ness of the main character and the mystery of everything was just mildly creepy to me.
10-02-2005, 04:45 AM
as were the graphics Wink

yeas, that was a freaky game.
10-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Morrowind in certain area\'s!!!
I still just can\'t grasp the freedom and scale of the game.
There are loads of cities and all have their distinctive own style, all those books about the history and legends in the game world, the authentic looking creatures and environment...
If they try to make a scene happy and trustfull, they succeed, and boy, if they try to make a scene creepy, they succeed aswell! Tongue
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I still havent finished the single player demo. That is because i didnt try it after playing it at 2 in the morning. Dont know exactly why.

I think system shock 2 scared me more.
10-07-2005, 08:16 PM
four words

alone in the dark
10-07-2005, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2005 09:40 PM by ElvenKind.)
AItD was indeed a creepy thing.

I played the demo for F.E.A.R and I found it quite good. Can\'t wait for the whole game. It\'s like a game version of movies like \"the grudge\" or \"The Ring\". Me likes. Me jumpy.

Praticularly that last bit where you go down the ladder and all of a sudden that icky girly is standing in front of the ladde - in your face. Made me climb really fast to the bottom only to end up face to face with that madman leader of the baddies.

Reminds me of something a Norwegian stand-up comedian said the other day on TV in one of his shows :

\"I was at my cabin, out in the woods at night - with foggy weather ofcourse - walking towards my boat when all of a sudden I start to think about \'Villmark\' (Good norwegian scary movie). I though about the guys in the wilderness and the crazy guy with the knife. Mhm. Yeah. I had to think about THAT just THEN. Great place to start messing with your own mind.\"

If you just start down that road you\'ll mess yourself up and get scared at nothing and everything. Freaky.
10-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Villmark is indeed good, i own it on DVD