Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
08-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Exclamation The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
Is called F.E.A.R.
There\'s a SinglePlayer demo and here is a list of downloads.

Quote:F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) is an intense combat experience with rich atmosphere and a deeply intense paranormal storyline presented entirely in first person. Be the hero in your own spine-tingling epic of action, tension, and terror... and discover the true meaning of fear.

Hyper-stylized combat for breathtaking cinematic quality action
Gripping supernatural storyline for spine-tingling intensity of play
Multi-player action with multiple gameplay modes and all single player capabilities

Advanced graphics and physics for visceral movie-like experience
Enemies with special abilities and A.I. so intuitive it\'s like battling living, breathing players

\"This game looks frighteningly good.\"
- Computer Gaming World , September 2004

Basicly the game turns around some facility that been taken over by unknown forces, and you are a secret government unit that has to go in and do stuff around. This is all mixed with some mysterious \"The Ring\"-esque small girl that can do creepy creepy stuff, but you\'ll see that in the demo!

As for the screenies:
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: FEAR01.jpg]
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 920744_20050309_screen021.jpg]

You\'ll see that this is the single most scary game in existance, and I know doom 3 exists. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2005, 09:48 PM
RE: The most scaring game you\'ll ever play
Downloading Tongue
08-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Took it this long to get here Tongue? It\'s a good game and I had a alot of fun playing around with the demo, especially when I found out how to drop kick people Wink. I was scared shitless of the end of the demo though, so be warned Big Grin.
08-12-2005, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2005 01:14 AM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
Haven\'t played the demo, but I\'ve seen the screens before, and I\'m wary of games claiming to be the scariest ever known to mankind, or whatever. Even Doom wasn\'t so bad, and this seems little more to me than a Doom 3 expansion. Let\'s all face it: being a tough army-type dude running around using a post-modern war\'s arsenal worth of weapons to dispose of unnatural enemies in futuristic, semi-dark environments is really not that scary at all.

To me, a scary game would involve a weak, frightened character like a little schoolgirl walk around in a world of unspeakable psychological horror. She wouldn\'t use weapons, and she wouldn\'t have to attack the hordes of enemies so much as desperately try to get away from them. And it would be set in a contemporary setting, like in the quiet suburbs of a peaceful city. Horror is so much better that way.

To hell with the futuristic Life-On-Mars setting! Back to the grave with the somber urban decay setting! Are you game developpers writing this down? Tongue
08-12-2005, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2005 01:35 AM by Reno.)
Now, i cant claim it to be the scariest, but dang there where a few points where that game made me jump(and remain jumpy) not because of things popping out at you from closets either Smile
the demo rocked, and i want the full game now Big Grin

Also: evert: a game like what you speak of already exists. I beleive it was called Clocktower. A girl basically ended up running away from hordes of dead guys or demons. looked interesting, but didnt appear to be as scary as you would ahve thought Sad
08-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Then it must not\'ve been done properly.

I swear, if I had the resources, I\'d make a game that would make any of those action game\'s heroes cry like little girls. They\'d wish they\'d be back in that facility on Mars, or Black Mesa, or whatever.
08-12-2005, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2005 02:41 AM by w00p.)
Evert, to answer your ignorance: Tongue
This game isn\'t all that dark. Your foe\'s aren\'t monsters, all humans, albeit some with huge armour suits.
Doom3 indeed was only a bit scary the first 5 minutes, but this one keeps on going, and not because of your foe\'s. The atmosphere gets you very \"tip-of-chair\" and the sound effects are very cleverly used to make you drop off quite some times. Wink The weapons may be post modern but you can only carry 3 examples at a time.

Oh, and in this game, the little schoolgirl IS the scary one. Big Grin

It gets you by surprise often enough, and the cutscenes and other special horror sets make your arms explode of adrenaline.
08-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Doom3 is scary in the beginning but gets boring awfully fast.
As long as you keep your ammo on reasonable levels, you can guess when the next \'scary\' monster will pop up...
08-12-2005, 03:25 AM
some of the most scary games for me:

- Clive Barker\'s Undying
- Nosferatu
and a couple of others I\'m to lasy to look the name up for
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Thief 3 had a long scary level in it. It was strange and creeped me out for a bit after playing. But it felt like a chore though. Go in for a simple snoop and then it turns out to be a long drawn out thing and you have no idea what\'s gonna happen next so it\'s real creepy.