Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battlefield 2 Demo
06-16-2005, 07:01 PM
RE: Battlefield 2 Demo
Well, personally I changed my view on the game, initially I thought it\'d be exactly the same as the previous games, however I find it different, more fun. You see, using the squad system the battles are far more organised than before, creating better gameplay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2005, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2005 07:12 PM by IntRed.)
RE: RE: Battlefield 2 Demo
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:Is this because it is a crap game, like Joeb and many others pretty much stated before they started to enthuse on how fun it was, or because it has crap players?

(being on a laptop Mac I wont\' find out any time soon.) Tongue

Its definatly aimed at the more teambased gamer, and sadly on public servers you won\'t find that many of \'em Tongue
so essentially this is th? game for clans, it has very indepth features specifially aimed for the leadership specced gamer and the footman gamer that will take orders and think of ways to archieve goals set by the commander.

So essentially play this game with friends or people you know and you\'ll have a blast, play on public and well there\'s a huge risk that you won\'t see the full potential of this game.

Mind you EA made themselves very unpopular, dx 8 cards are \'officially\' not supported, meaning the geforce 4 TI cards do NOT work with this game, due to the shaders. (note that Nvidia sponsors this game), now for some weird reason the Ati 8500 (a dx8 based vid card) actually runs this game Tongue
Insiders believe Dice, and EA got some cash from Nvidia to make the game incompatible with the TI cards so gamers need to upgrade, and somehow they forgot about the Ati card hehe
06-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Im getting a bit annoyed with this game now. For two reasons.

One, is the lack of reward for my role. I play as special forces on USMC if I have the choice, and spend the entire game sneaking into the OpFor base and taking out their artillery, UAV trailer, and radar. Then i\'ll maybe nick their tank and give their vehicles a bit of harrasment.

This is a major pain in the ass for them, as lack of command, radar, artillery and planes can cripple the army. I don\'t however get many kills whilst doing this, as most of the time i\'m being stealthy. I also don\'t tend to get points for capturing flags. So despite filling a critical role, and succesfully tearing the enemies base up time after time, I allways end up down at the bottom of the scoreboard.

The other thing that annoys me is the auto team balancing, which seems to swap people from the winning side to the loosing side to make the game more even. Sounds fair enough I know, but when youve been fighting hard the entire game, and are just about to put the final nail in the coffin of the enemy forces, to be then transferred to their side and get screwed over is very annoying.

Aside from that, I have one other main dispute with the game, in that I think it is a complete rip of Joint Operations. Everything down to the forces, weapons, vehicles, iron sights system, objectives, look, respawning sysytem etc etc... is pretty much identical. God knows how they are getting away with it.
06-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I agree with you on exactly that point, JR. About the special ops bit. We should get some sort of points based on successfull \"black ops\" Big Grin

It is a strategical needle strike that cripples the enemy quite badly for an extent of time. The other day I even managed to keep the enemy\'s base demolished by picking up special ops/sniper kits and moving out of the base and pick off any engineers keen on fixing things and blowing up whatever got fixed. All in all, not many points for me when my actions actually gave the US forces a huge benefit.

There should be an advanced \"Points AI\" for all games! Smile Atelast they have assists with this game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2005, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2005 09:03 PM by joeb.)
RE: RE: RE: Battlefield 2 Demo
IntRed Wrote:Mind you EA made themselves very unpopular, dx 8 cards are \'officially\' not supported, meaning the geforce 4 TI cards do NOT work with this game, due to the shaders. (note that Nvidia sponsors this game), now for some weird reason the Ati 8500 (a dx8 based vid card) actually runs this game Tongue
Insiders believe Dice, and EA got some cash from Nvidia to make the game incompatible with the TI cards so gamers need to upgrade, and somehow they forgot about the Ati card hehe

not quite correct in my opinion, although they\'re both dx8 cards, the Ti version is directx 8.0, while the ATI version is directx 8.1.
Now these differences seem small, and they are, heh. The only difference is that the directx 8.1 cards can handle longer and more complex shaders. I think this is the reason the Ati card still works with BF-2, as the shaders are probably dx8.1+

Then again, you might be rightTongue
06-16-2005, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2005 09:21 PM by [JR].)
ElvenKind Wrote:I agree with you on exactly that point, JR. About the special ops bit. We should get some sort of points based on successfull "black ops" Big Grin

It is a strategical needle strike that cripples the enemy quite badly for an extent of time. The other day I even managed to keep the enemy\'s base demolished by picking up special ops/sniper kits and moving out of the base and pick off any engineers keen on fixing things and blowing up whatever got fixed. All in all, not many points for me when my actions actually gave the US forces a huge benefit.

There should be an advanced "Points AI" for all games! Smile Atelast they have assists with this game.

Nice to find someone else who enjoys the sneakier side to the game Big Grin

We should hook up on a server sometime and use some teamwork. Really tear their base up Big Grin Gimme a shout when your gonna play and on which server. Also, how do you pick kits up? I see them on the ground, but can\'t find the key to actually collect them.
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
There is a key \"pickup kit\" to be bound. I have no clue what the default is (F?) as I have rebound every single key, seeing that I use NumPad for all gaming activities. (And that took some doing I tell you!)

If I remember correctly it\'s on the infantry/common page of the keysetup. Might be on the left side (along with invert mouse and so on).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Cool cheers Ek Big Grin
06-17-2005, 02:37 AM
btw, if you want to skip those exttreeeeeeemely annoying intro thingies wich you can\'t normally skip, just go to ...Battlefield 2 Demo\\mods\\bf2\\Movies.. and delete or move the files there.
06-17-2005, 03:20 AM
joeb Wrote:btw, if you want to skip those exttreeeeeeemely annoying intro thingies wich you can\'t normally skip, just go to ...Battlefield 2 Demomodsbf2Movies.. and delete or move the files there.

Thanks Smile
+1 rep