Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Will Wright\'s Spore
06-02-2005, 08:41 AM
RE: Will Wright\'s Spore
Can someone summerize this for me, I\'m really busy with finals right now, I don\'t really have time to watch an hour long video.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2005 09:10 AM by shift.)
Aw, k, anyway part of the coolness isn\'t what this game is about, but how Will Wright unveils it.

I doubt I could manage to describe it better than a pro, so here\'s a link of a review of his speech: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/11/...bj=6120274
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks Shift.

Wow this game sounds pretty amazing, if it were anyone but Wright I wouldn\'t beleive they could pull it off.
06-03-2005, 12:39 AM
It sounds interesting(i say sounds, because i\'ve only read it on paper, havent seen anything in action yet), the prospect that the player can alter everything about his/her species as it goes along is a rather cool idea, and the fact that the game figures for everything procedurally is pretty nice as well.

Honestly, its a game to watch to be sure.
06-03-2005, 02:55 AM
Let\'s hope it delivers what it promises... I can see my mutant dog/dolhpins fighting those nasty dinohumans already!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2005, 03:39 AM
If you don\'t mind me saying so: I don\'t get the fuzz here. It\'s a simple but obvious idea, no? Really, the way you guys praised it, I figured something slightly more \"omfgbestestgaemevar!!!111\".

Then again, I\'m probably talking out of my ass here. Take it as you like Smile
06-03-2005, 06:23 AM
I think its mainly due to the raw innovation that has most people excited.
seeing something as unique and genuenly interactive on almost all levels is something we havent seen in a long time(or before)
So i can understand people\'s excitement in this.
If you\'re not excited by the idea, ah well.
Its good to see some new and truely innovative games though Smile
06-03-2005, 07:13 AM
It almost seems like a mix between sim city, sim earth, and the Sims...lol well it still looks cool.
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2005 04:11 PM by IntRed.)
The idea isn\'t that groundbreaking, its just that look at it and see how he changed his idea into the game its just amazing and from a technical point of view astaunishing (procedural techniques, the animations, the zoom function, textures, compression techniques, ...)