Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Will Wright\'s Spore
06-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Exclamation Will Wright\'s Spore
I guess most of you are aware of this next Will Wright\'s game (the designer of The Sims, Sim City... well, all Sim stuff) called Spore.

One of his discussions at the Game Developers Conference was recorded and published in a very interesting site (there\'s other speeches there, f.i. by Peter Molyneux).

I think at least some of you\'ll find this as interseting as I did, so here\'s the link: http://www.pqhp.com/cmp/gdctv/ - it\'s the one called \'Will Wright discusses his new game creation called \"Spore\"\' (heh, difficult to miss)

I knew this guy but never had the chance to see him \"in action\". He\'s turned out to be a very amusing and interesing speaker. So, it\'s 1 hour long watching this, but well expent.

BTW, you have to register to watch the videos, but it\'s free.
Oh, and this guy speaks VERY fast.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
RE: Will Wright\'s Spore
I think its an interesting idea for a game.
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Just amazing, gives a new meaning to thinking outside the box, i really loved his presentation. Fantastic idea really
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2005, 06:52 PM
this is very interesting indeed, could cause quite a bit of a revolution in gaming imo.

I like the fact that everything is procedural and truly unique. Tongue
06-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Will Wright's New Idea

Just kidding. Sounds really interesting indeed.
06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
i waited for some reactions before i registered and watched....but all i can say is, wow i want to play that game
06-02-2005, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2005 05:23 AM by shift.)
Glad to see you are as enthusiasts as me after watching it. Like others here, having no idea about what this Spore game was about made it even more astonishing for me.

This guy doesn\'t only know how to think out of the box. He also has the curious ability to make you think that YOU CAN too Smile

Inspiring.
06-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Can someone explain the concepts of this thing? I\'m too lazy to download the vid... :wall:
06-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Man, it\'s on the net, it\'s free, and all you have to do is spend one hour sitting in front of your monitor.

Yes, it\'s extremely complicated and unusual, but I\'m sure you can do that Tongue
06-02-2005, 05:57 AM
But, I\'d have to like, register, and all that. That\'s what I\'m too lazy for! Tongue

Gah, eventually my curiousness will triumph over my boredom... I\'ll give it till Friday Smile