Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yay. My life is fucked.
04-26-2005, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2005 05:16 AM by The_Punisher.)
RE: Yay. My life is fucked.
My advice is for both maturity and immaturity.

Have that nice talk with her mom. If it doesn\'t work out, flick off the big finger and tell her you\'re doing it anyway.

What\'s the point in being a Teen if you can\'t rebel everyonce in a while?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2005, 05:50 AM
ah man.. Im trully sorry to hear all this Andius =/
It all looked so good, it seemed that it really was working out for you. Im really sorry my Andy man Sad
04-26-2005, 05:50 AM
RE: RE: Yay. My life is fucked.
The_Punisher Wrote:What\'s the point in being a Teen if you can\'t rebel everyonce in a while?
So true Smile

Your troubles may seem hard and endless now, but some day they\'ll be over. Easy enough said, I suppose, but it\'s what I can tell you from my own experience. I had a really shitty time for years on end, litterally, but now that I\'m 22, I can safely say that it was all just growing up, and I\'m doing fine now. It\'s just the way life works, hate it or love it... But in time, you\'ll look back and be all the stronger having dealt with your demons of the past. Just hang in there, it\'s bound to get better Wink
04-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Well I have a lot of problems to deal with besides this one, but this one is on top of my list. Some of my other problems include a past of heavy drug use, and I was an alcoholic untill I got help with that.

The main problem is that I can\'t just say fuck off and ride into the sunset with the girl on the back of my horse. We are only fifteen, and as much as most teenagers seem to think they can survive without their parents almost all of us need them.

I became depressed around age 9, so this is nothing new to me, but its so fucking tiring, day in day out..the mood swings, the anger, hatred...it all takes its toll. Not to mention the fucking insomnia which has bothered me for years, and is now reaching a critical point.

I was just barely hanging on, now her mom took away what little rope I had. Suicide is in my thoughts all of the time now, but I try to keep them away...I can\'t leave her, I still love her and thats what keeps me alive, just barely.
04-26-2005, 02:18 PM
get some therapy, talk to a psychiatrist or your school counselor or something.
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Thats all bullshit, I\'ve tried that they don\'t help. They perscribe shitty pills and muss things up worse than they are.
04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Life can leave some pretty deep cuts, but what Everest said is true, is does make you stronger and it does get easier with time. You just have to find a way to hang on. It sounds like you’ve got a lot to overcome, but you’re doing the right things: going to talk to the girl’s mother; stopped drinking and doing drugs. It takes most people a lot longer to learn to stop running from their problems. You’re showing an impressive level of maturity for your age.

Hopefully your talk with the girl’s mother will go well straight off. But even if she doesn’t back down now, it doesn’t mean she won’t accept you later. Remember you don’t have to be with someone to love them- it makes it easier of course, but think about all those soldiers from WWII that spent months or years away from their wives or girlfriends. If you care about each other, waiting for each other will only strengthen that bond.

The insomnia is a very serious problem, that alone can make you feel like you’re going nuts. You could have low levels of serotonin- a neurotransmitter, or brain chemical, that regulates mood and sleep. In addition to depression and insomnia, low serotonin can make it difficult to concentrate, cause anxiety, mood swings, and obsessive thoughts, as though your brain was running full throttle with your thoughts going round and round and round and you can’t turn it off or slow it down. You’re right about antidepressants (and/or sleeping pills), they only make things worse in the long term. But there are some things you can get at a health food store that will help raise your serotonin levels naturally.

One is a product called 5-HTP (also called Tryfonia, or L-5-hydroxytryptophan), it’s a form of tryptophan, a natural precursor to serotonin. Your body uses it to make serotonin, kind of like it uses sunshine to make vitamin D. It’s a natural product so it has no side effects. Take one or two before bed, have a light snack (fruit is best – particularly grapefruit). It won’t work as well on a full stomach, and if you take it on a completely empty stomach, it will make you nauseous. Plain tryptophan will work too, but you might need a prescription for it.

Anyway, that might at least help you get a good nights sleep, and perhaps lift your mood a little. And it really does help, I’ve battled insomnia for years. I know when you’re depressed it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by things, and to feel like trying one more thing is just too much trouble. But taking small steps to regain a sense of control over your life can make all the difference.
04-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Thats some of thebest advice anyone\'s given me in a long time, I\'m going to try those out.
04-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Don\'t forget about Mr. Buellar\'s advice.

\"Don\'t take life too seriously, you\'ll never get out alive.\"
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
\"It\'ll all be okay in the end, if its NOT okay, hell, its not the end.\"