Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super Volcano!
04-21-2005, 02:26 AM
RE: Super Volcano!
Nah, we\'re all doomed Tongue I think it\'s safe to say that somewhere in the next 50 years, (at least) one of these super disasters will occur. Start living, people! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2005, 02:32 AM
Well i heared that most of the wave will be directed to the US. That can trigger an extinction event. This could plunge the world into economic and political chaos and perhaps nuculear wars.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Yep, live large and spend your savings.
After all we have just one Pope left until the armaggedon!

But all this volcano+asteroid+prophecies+novelty theory stuff will probably be another Y2K mass hysteria.
Well, let\'s hope so Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2005, 05:37 AM
I don’t know why I come here. Between asteroids, volcanoes, earthquakes, and income taxes, I’m just going to go hide under the bed for the rest of the week.
04-21-2005, 08:46 AM
RE: RE: Super Volcano!
i cant say that any of that stuff gets me worked up. i mean if it was something i had some kinda control over, then i\'d be pretty scared and depressed. mainly because i know i\'m damn lazy. but things like mountains erupting and waves obliterating civilizations? dude, let a higher power (or few) worry about that, ill worry about getting my homework done. But something did catch my attention though:
viper Wrote:...

The defence against this is in island.... they have employed a guy to sit on the south west coast of ireland looking for a tsunami lol

hey... are they still hiring? Wink im nearsighted but, honestly now, how good does your vision need to be to spot a wave of the size they\'re squacking about? 8)
04-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Wouldn\'t it be rather safe in the russian inlands?
Far enough from any sea to neglect the threat of flooding, except for nuclear disasters and oil leaks probably the least interfearance with nature by mankind...