Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pope dead.
04-05-2005, 05:05 AM
RE: RE: RE: Pope dead.
[JR Wrote:]
I hardly think that reaction is limited to games communities. People of that age in general don\'t care for the pope or what he stood for. I must say I didn\'t really care either, he matters as much to me as any other person would. But I at least had enough respect not to laugh about it.

That is the least I would expect from a mature person. I\'ll have to say that it was inevitable, so you shouldn\'t be crying about it; we\'ll all die one day. But you should know that he did alot for more than just the Catholic Church.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2005, 07:02 AM
RE: Pope dead.
He played a significant role in the collapse of communism, perhaps even the pivotal role.

Frankly I just find it sad and pathetic to see that kind of cynicism. It’s one thing to not believe, it’s quite another to mock and ridicule because your so lacking in any capacity to feel reverence or respect, whether it’s for the Pope or just any human being. But I suppose cynicism is the religion of the day. But it’s an ugly one.
04-05-2005, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2005 11:12 PM by =D.C.L.I=Everest.)
What\'s up with you people? Is being overly adult the latest hype around here? Don\'t care and mock all you like while you still can! Smile One day it\'ll all be over, and then you\'ll regret it.

Now let the negative ratings begin Wink

Edit: http://www.johnandjohn.nl/write/jaj370.gif

:rofl:

Now don\'t go telling me that that\'s not funny.
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
It\'s really not evert.
04-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I don\'t know much about the pope in his \"younger years\", but I do find it a strange thing to hear that he was progressive.
A man forbidding the use of condoms in a part of the world where everyday people die of aids, is just wrong.
His opinions don\'t really get my respect (at all), but he stays a human being.
Personally, hearing that he has died, makes me think \"maybe its for the best\". Someone who is 81 years old is bound to pass on sooner or later.
Just, one in the flock.
04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
well for not forbidding condoms you are extremely progressive for the catholic church.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2005, 02:44 AM
I call forbidding a 99% effective aids prevention measure morally unforgiving.
04-08-2005, 02:51 AM
\"Every sperm is sacred\" :roll:

All the misery in the world that could\'ve been avoided if the Church hadn\'t been so stuck up about modern-day issues...
04-09-2005, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2005 02:09 AM by Sgt. Boomer.)
w00p Wrote:I call forbidding a 99% effective aids prevention measure morally unforgiving.
It’s not like the Pope was teaching “go sleep around without a condom and get Aids.” The Church’s position was the 100% effective means of preventing Aids: abstinence outside of marriage. The Christian faith is like the army: you don’t get brownie points for partial obedience. It’s just stupid to ignore the main message and then follow the footnote. Like those morons who spill hot coffee on themselves then sue the restaurant for not putting a “drink this, don’t pour it on yourself” warning label on the cup.

In Uganda, where churches have, with government cooperation, been most active in teaching abstinence, Aids rates have plummeted. In other parts of Africa where governments have been going along with the UN, passing out condoms ad nauseam, Aids rates have skyrocketed because the men just refuse to wear them. Not out of some semi-devout religious conviction, just because they don’t like them. So even if the Pope hadn’t been so “stuck up” it wouldn’t have made things any better, and – as is so often the case with moral relativism – in Uganda at least, it would have made things worse.
04-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Damnit boomer, you always get to it before I can say it!