Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jurrasic Park around the corner?
04-12-2005, 01:29 AM
RE: Jurrasic Park around the corner?
Well, all of the Dino experts say what I said. The ones that need to be really active were warmblooded. All the rest were cold blooded.

The amount of Energy a single Apatosaurus would need to take in if it was warmblooded is astronomical.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2005, 03:43 AM
True but theres still allot we dont know. Also dinosaurs just turn warmblooded cause oh well we are active so now we turn warmblooded.

Pun look at the speed of evolution of cold blooded animals and warmblooded animals. Then look at speed of the evolution of most dinosaurs.

You also have to think of that coldblooded creatures tend to be outcompeted when theres a struggle for the more big positions like the Lion is now. You know that if a cold blooded animal could controll the earth for so long they can do it again? Well the crocodiles were in a much better position than mammals too take over but they didnt. Why i think thanks to theire cold bloodedness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2005, 07:42 AM
But for the Lion, warmblooded creatures had been around for millions of years.

But back in the Dinos age, they were all Cold Blooded to begin with. Warmbloodedness evolved eventually. But only after a long time did they start to dominate.
04-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hmm....this is begging to get to the point of needing a thread specifically about the dating system/when dinosaurs where presumably alive etc.
04-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Well what if the dinosaurs were warmblooded from the start. Is that really so hard too believe? I dont think so. As i said earlier go check the speed of evolution of cold blooded reptiles and dinosaurs you\'ll see a big difference.
04-13-2005, 03:11 AM
Yes, it is. You have to remember that Dinos evolved from Amphibians which evolved from Fish. Both were cold Blooded. Only necessity could evolved warm bloodedness.
04-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Dinosaurs evolved from reptiles which in turn also gave rise to the mammals.
04-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Which is a theory.
04-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Well there are allot of reptiles which have features only the current mammals have.
04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Aint it great that we honestly have no idea how we got here, or how everything else did, but somehow the *theory* of evolution is magically fact Tongue
just my opinion. Wink