Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jurrasic Park around the corner?
04-08-2005, 03:12 AM
RE: OMFG
Why wouldn\'t we be here?
We\'re massively stupid enough to entirely wipe out races we never knew of.
Look at whats happening to the amazone forest.

There used to be wolves here in belgium for crying out loud. Just imagine what prizes would have rested on the heads of dino\'s.
Thought the dragon/T-rex thing is a little farfetched, it may be crazy enough to make sense.
Who said they where still massively ruling earth then?
They could have been thinned out enough to be rare sights. Like dragons and demons and other medievil stuff you hear in fairytales.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Even if some classic dinosaurs survived after the great extinction they would still have a large lead over mammals. They have outcompeted mammals before. So theres no reason not to believe that they wouldnt do it again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Dinosaurs ruled the earth for almost 200 million years, it\'s easy to assume they\'d still be here in one form or other if no massive extinction disaster took place. Whatever disaster killed the dino\'s, it gave birth to other creatures, like us.

Frankly, I think dino\'s would rather wipe us out if we were to face each other, or at least we\'d end up both equally very much extinct.

As for dragons, that\'s just lore.
04-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Dinos could have been extremely stupid also. I imagine that a human could take down a charging t-rex with a huge lance. Stick it in the ground until the dino runs into, get a sword out and stab it while it\'s wounded.

Dino\'s probably died out over a looooooong period of time. Maybe weather patterns changed and climates as well which it wasn\'t suitable for them. Maybe your belgian dino died many thousands of years ago while the US one died 500 years ago. I\'m just saying, it couldn\'t have died that long ago because the flesh is still around and decomposing still.

I don\'t see how they out competed mammals. We\'re still here right? There are other strong theories that support that men lived with dino\'s since almost the beginning of time.
04-08-2005, 06:35 PM
RE: RE: OMFG
Yellowbelly Wrote:Dinos could have been extremely stupid also. I imagine that a human could take down a charging t-rex with a huge lance. Stick it in the ground until the dino runs into, get a sword out and stab it while it\'s wounded.

Dino\'s probably died out over a looooooong period of time. Maybe weather patterns changed and climates as well which it wasn\'t suitable for them. Maybe your belgian dino died many thousands of years ago while the US one died 500 years ago. I\'m just saying, it couldn\'t have died that long ago because the flesh is still around and decomposing still.

I don\'t see how they out competed mammals. We\'re still here right? There are other strong theories that support that men lived with dino\'s since almost the beginning of time.
:agree:

He basicly said what I was trying to say. Tongue
04-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Quote:As for dragons, that\'s just lore

how do u go from a trex to a pidgen without nething inbetween? Big Grin
04-08-2005, 10:38 PM
RE: Jurrasic Park around the corner?
Dinosaurs werent that stupid. They were about just as intelligent as mammals today. For a very long time we mammals werent really playing a major role because the dinosaurs were superior in about each way but somewhow the classic dinosaurs got extinct.
04-09-2005, 02:04 AM
RE: Jurrasic Park around the corner?
No, we believe they went extinct. We have no proof except for the lack of proof. Fossil records stop roughly 65 million years ago. We can theorize about what happened. I.E. The crater on the Yucatan peninsula. But no one was there writing down what happened. So it\'s still a theory.

But then again we still have sightings. Everything from \"Dragon\" sightings in civilizations that did not have contact with each other to the Mukembe in the swamps of the Congo. How can these people describe roughly the same animal if it doesn\'t exist? How can civilizations that have no contact with the modern world describe a living creature that perfectly matches records we have of Dino\'s long since dead?

And hence we see the problem with science over religion. People who are religious can take something on faith alone. They don\'t need the dead carcass of jesus infront of them to believe in him. Scientists, however, do.

Also, real birds started to evolve out of dinos before they \"went extinct.\" So it\'s perfectly plausible to believe that birds evolved out Dinos that had incredibly similar bone structures.
04-09-2005, 02:07 AM
RE: RE: OMFG
tomcat ha Wrote:Dinosaurs werent that stupid. They were about just as intelligent as mammals today. For a very long time we mammals werent really playing a major role because the dinosaurs were superior in about each way but somewhow the classic dinosaurs got extinct.
:agree:

Yellowbelly Wrote:Dinos could have been extremely stupid also. I imagine that a human could take down a charging t-rex with a huge lance. Stick it in the ground until the dino runs into, get a sword out and stab it while it\'s wounded.
Do you have any idea how big and strong a T-Rex was? No human can carry a lance huge enough to impale a T-Rex on it. You\'d need a huge structure to counter its strength, speed and ferocity. That, or a cannon Tongue

Yellowbelly Wrote:Dino\'s probably died out over a looooooong period of time. Maybe weather patterns changed and climates as well which it wasn\'t suitable for them. Maybe your belgian dino died many thousands of years ago while the US one died 500 years ago. I\'m just saying, it couldn\'t have died that long ago because the flesh is still around and decomposing still.
There\'ve been mass graves of dino\'s found that have been dated to around 65 million years ago. No skeletons have been found beyond that date. Well, nothing conclusive, only speculations and theories, like \"dragons\" and such.

Yellowbelly Wrote:I don\'t see how they out competed mammals. We\'re still here right? There are other strong theories that support that men lived with dino\'s since almost the beginning of time.
They didn\'t outcompete mammals, they were there way before them, and didn\'t give them a change to fully evolve. When the dino\'s died out, it was time for the rise of mammals.

And I\'ve seen the photos of \"human\" footprints next to \"dino\" footprints. Or the \"shoeprints\" with a crushed trilobite in the heel. Mesmerizing photos, sure, but far from conclusive enough to speak of human-dino interaction. As long as no one digs up a human-like skeleton right next to a dino, I\'m not convinced.
04-09-2005, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2005 03:32 AM by joeb.)
RE: RE: RE: OMFG
Quote:Do you have any idea how big and strong a T-Rex was? No human can carry a lance huge enough to impale a T-Rex on it. You\'d need a huge structure to counter its strength, speed and ferocity. That, or a cannon Tongue

Well, to be honest, the T-rex was more likely a scavenger than a predator, as it couldn\'t run very fast (it\'s leg bones ar of the wrong proportions to run fast).
It is speculated that it\'s huge head was more to deter other predators from a carcass.