RE: OMFG
Dinosaurs didn\'t die off 100 million years ago
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2005, 11:38 PM
?

They went extinct 65 million years ago, give or take a few centuries Tongue

Or are you saying they didn\'t die out at all?
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2005 11:53 PM by joeb.)
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:?

They went extinct 65 million years ago, give or take a few centuries Tongue

Or are you saying they didn\'t die out at all?
birdies Tongue Wink
04-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Birds are dinosaurs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2005, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2005 02:28 AM by Jonathan.)
I heard on national geographic sometime hat the white shark could be considered a dinosaur as well...
I also believe the komodo dragon is still a dinosaur, or close to it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2005, 03:15 AM
I think \"dinosaur\" in those cases is a term used to describe how those animals haven\'t changed much over the millions of years they\'ve been around.

And I believe large sea-dwelling animals in dino-times aren\'t considered dinosaurs as such.

Personally I don\'t think dino\'s evolved directly into birds. Every creature that wasn\'t small enough to adapt itself to the harsh new life after whatever disaster happened that time, went extinct. As far as I know, only small mammals survived. Birds came later on, so we can only speculate about their origins.
04-07-2005, 11:12 AM
That piece of tissue is probably about 400-600 years old. And even then I don\'t know how it survived when it was found in South Dakota I believe?

I don\'t believe dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago or whatever. This completely contradicts what just happened. Many reports have been made in the 1500 or even the 1600 where a \'dragon\' came into a village and ate a few pigs and people. The word dinosaur was invented the 1800\'s...1870\'s I believe. Dragon was used before then, which would make since. All these medieval myths about dragons? My guess is that they\'re pretty true. Towns probably hired knights to defend them from the dragons. Why else would princesses think they\'re sexy for risking their lives and killing a 6 ton beast? The story carried on. Don\'t think there were ever dwarfs or midgets? There were probably towns of them. Why else would disney make them so funny looking in Snow White? Why would people come up with some animal that no one has even seen before? I mean, George Lucas invented wookies but we\'re not spreading stories how they\'re destroying out towns and we\'re killing them and getting the presidents daughter as a reward. I didn\'t think this over hard until I read something my chemistry teacher gave me, and it makes more sense than them dying 65 million years ago for some reason no one has found yet.

I refuse to believe in carbon dating and all those other kinds. Waaaaaay too innaccurate to trust. Experiments have been done on 1 sample of like 4 other types of dating. One dated a few hundred years, another maybe 60, another a few thousand years, and another was millions of years old. Not even remotely close to each other.
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2005 11:32 AM by Reno.)
I remember reading about a test done with carbon dating using not-too-old elephant skin/bone.
it ended up being several thousand years old.....hmmm.....

that is defenatally accurate[/sarcasm]

anyways, i kinda agree with yellow, though regardless the actual age of the specimen, this is a rather cool find.
Wether we\'ll be able to actually DO anything using it is a completelty different question, but we\'ll see as the scientists do more experiments.
(though admittedly, as crazy, unlikely, and ultimately *stupid* of us as it would be, a Jurrasic Park would be pretty cool, though im defenetally packing some high powered weapons if i go Big Grin )
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Yellowbelly: then tell me why nearly every dinosaur carcass that\'s found, is found underground? The first complete dino carcass was that of an Iguanodon, found in the coal mines of Bernissart, Belgium. That\'s hundreds of meters underground. Not a single carcass has ever been found just lying on the earth surface like it died right there, let alone a recently deceased dino. If they didn\'t die off, where did they go? These creatures ruled the earth in massive numbers, if they didn\'t go extinct they\'d still be around as massively as back then. And we wouldn\'t be here.