Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mine clearing
03-29-2005, 12:08 AM
RE: RE: mine clearing
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Sounds like a fun idea Smile But whether or not it\'s inplicable is a something else... I can imagine you\'d get shot while you\'re ever so gently trying to clear a mine : No?

isnt TTR:T gonna have prettttttty big battlefields? maybe the maps can be soooo huge, that you actually have the time to arrange under-cover ops, meaning, clearing mines to get to an objective without the enemy seeing you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2005, 01:20 AM
RE: mine clearing
Actually, yea.

the battle feilds will probably be rather large, on top of unlike TTR:UT we will have plenty of grass, and other underbrush in the world that could potentially cover you as well.

So, yes this is a possibility, and seeing as with these huge battlefields, you could take a lot of different approaches to the same map, you could clear the minefield, and have a sneak attack in the place where the enemy doesnt expect it Smile
03-29-2005, 05:15 AM
in combat minefields were cleard by a piece of pipe filled with plastic explosive, the soldiers would sit in cover and keep feeding the pipe across and when they got it across the field or to the point where they ran out of pipe they would detonate it. that process is still being used today in combat situations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2005, 06:52 AM
*cough*bangalores*cough*
03-30-2005, 08:35 PM
*COUGH*Field Medics*COUGH*

make them unarmed if you have to, just give me my class Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
What you really want though is a Sherman tank with flails on it :-)
03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Talking of classes, maybe an officer could bring up a map at the start of each round and have a choice of certain areas that would then be actively mined.

Would keep the the enemy guessing each round plus give the officer a real role at last.
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
RE: RE: RE: mine clearing
Sgt. Boomer Wrote:
andius Wrote:Um..i don\'t understand the point of the link...

No point… just a joke. From suicide squads to a debate on assisted suicide.

Is it too early or too late for you Wink

I don\'t have an early or late anymore. Insomnia sucks...

Anyways...that kinda reminds me of the purposed artillary system, which i beleive didn\'t fare too well against the Devs
04-04-2005, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2005 11:17 AM by Reno.)
Well with torque, we have a FAR broader range to what we can accomplish in-game, so the artillery thing is quite alot more feasable now than it was in UT, though we havent had much discussion over artillery as of yet.

overall, i see mine fields and the ability to clear them if you choose another good asset to the general open-ended strategy that is war.
you never follow the same plan over and over again, so being able to poke your way through a mine field to not get caught and to catch the opponents off guard would be a good strategy in-game, so i dont see any reason why we SHOULDNT include this.
With torque its mostly just a matter of \'what do we want to put forth the time to make work\', instead of \'what can we do within the pre-determined limits of a mod\'

we\'ll see Smile
09-15-2005, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2005 06:34 AM by AN GOF..)
RE: RE: mine clearing
AN GOF. Wrote:Talking of classes, maybe an officer could bring up a map at the start of each round and have a choice of certain areas that would then be actively mined.

Would keep the the enemy guessing each round plus give the officer a real role at last.

Ok instead of starting another thread i`ll just divert this one a little as ive had another idea on how to make the Officer class more useful.
I was watching BoB the other day where Blyth is shitting his pants in a foxhole during a fire-fight. Lt Winters turns up and squares him up so that in the end he shoots the German Paratrooper dude.
So that made me think that prehaps \"Weapon sway\" could be lowered if your Officer is within a certain distance from you as you would be calmer and have greater morale there-fore greater accuracy.