Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Robots with \"feelings\"... who the hell wants that???
02-04-2005, 05:29 AM
RE: Robots with \"feelings\"... who the hell wants that???
No jackeh, that\'s a physical brain that\'s attached to a computer. It\'s not programming that just running itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2005, 05:51 AM
its an aritificialy created brain with artificial stimulus, really depends on your definition on artificial intelligence, if its literaly that it was artificialy created.. then it fits the description, if its an actual computer controlled by programming then were not that far off, people have created adaptive networks that adapt and learn, and if this emotion thing gets anywhere then were getting closer and closer
02-04-2005, 07:04 AM
i see a market for robot\'s looking and feeling like women and men and sold as the ultimate sex toys.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2005, 09:47 AM
until they kill you for not satisfying their needs Tongue
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
So sue me! Big Grin

[Image: bender.gif]
02-04-2005, 09:59 AM
And to follow on from that.....bite my shiny metal ass.

Turbs, the bender obsessed gamer Smile
02-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Gotta love Bender Big Grin

I don\'t know, robots actually having real feelings...

This is what I think could happen: us humans don\'t trust robots, robots feel left out, get aggravated over time, kill humans. So in that aspect, I\'m against it Tongue

But then again, this is not about androids or whatever, just the technology that might make such things possible. The most sofisticated android to this date can \"see\", \"hear\", and walk at a speed of 2,5 km/h, or something. So I don\'t think we\'ll see Benders in the near futures (too bad, perhaps Tongue). And as long as it\'s not functional, this \"technology\" will be used for nothing more than playtoys like that robot dog and all.
02-04-2005, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2005 11:42 AM by isoFlux.)
i don\'t see why computers cannot be programmed to emulate every aspect of human thinking/emotions/whatever.

the biggest roadblocks are: without quantum computing, there looks to be no processor fast enough to actually run the thing. and before that, something that complicated and huge will be prone to unimaginable ammounts of bugs and the limits of human understanding and manpower will prevent it from ever being coded with traditional practices.

but hey, you can\'t send a piece of paper through a phone line, right?

even if we do actually invent AI, or perfect emotion-emulation, i agree with some commnets above: what would we use it for? some perverted sex toy? a replacement for online chat? *shrug* dunno. but i bet when/if it ever does come around, there will be uses we havnt thought of.

its a very dangerous, volitile, and complicated mess. and for myself, quite scary when you think about it. very cool, though.
02-04-2005, 07:04 PM
RE: RE: Robots with \"feelings\"... who the hell wants that???
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:This is what I think could happen: us humans don\'t trust robots, robots feel left out, get aggravated over time, kill humans. So in that aspect, I\'m against it Tongue
Wich is why we\'d have to start using the three rules.

If you don\'t know what I\'m talking about watch \"I, Robot\" for a quick flash of the subject at hand. If you wanna go into a bit more detail read the books Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2005, 01:05 AM
when is a robot \'alive\' anyway? When it\'s like a bactieria, or would it require more \'human\' signs of live?
or would it still be nothing more than a program..?