Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
02-01-2005, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2005 10:04 AM by isoFlux.)
RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
i think Hitler is underrated in terms of his affect on the world.

note: i do not agree with, condone, or support Hitler\'s methods of staying in or keeping power by any means at all.

but look at the big picture. he was the best of the best in terms of political prowess and leadership. he brought Germany out of the depression and the limitations of the Versailles Treaty, challenged the stigma of WW1, and brought Germany to the threshold of industrial production. he offered Germany something nobody else did: hope, focus, and a will to survive.

however, behind the facade of purley awesome speeches, he was a blundering idiot (coupled with the flaws of fascism to begin with) that made too many mistakes to keep the empire he had built for himself and Germany.

in terms of influence, i think Hitler was the man that made the biggest impact in world politics in the last century.

and yes, Evert, i totally agree. i revise my statement Tongue Smile Hitler was human: nothing more, nothing less. being human is simply being a species on this planet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being? - isoFlux - 02-01-2005 10:00 AM