[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This question has been raised throughout the world in response to \"Der Untergang\", the German movie that shows the last days of the Reich, and tries to captivate a true-to-life perspective of the events in the bunkers underneath Berlin.

We all know what Hitler did, and what he stood for, and what he was trying to accomplish. Can a true monster such as Hitler be shown as a human being of flesh and blood? Is he more, is he less?

Discuss Smile

(The whole world is doing this discussion, I figured we couldn\'t stay behind Tongue)
No.

Someone as evil and as cruel as hitler cannot be considered part of the human race.
I say sure. But you cut out the part about him being a dumbass and him getting spanked by the free world and we\'re going to have to have a word...
He was as human as they get; a brilliant orator but a no-talent artist, power hungry, paranoid, mad as a bat, absolutely no empathy, possibly homosexual, inferiority coplexi on several levels ... greasy hair.

Now Stalin, that?s were we can begin talking of a \"larger then death\" figure. But even he was merely human.

The whole question of not daring to even examen these people, because of the horrendous crimes they did, seems kinda hysterical to me. All the more reason, IMO.
He was a human. Saying otherwise is merely a pathetic way to cover the fact that evil like that does exist within our species.
[JR Wrote:]
He was a human. Saying otherwise is merely a pathetic way to cover the fact that evil like that does exist within our species.
I tend to agree with you there. You just can\'t question the humanity of the man based on traits that are (to a much lesser degree) common to human nature: xenophobia, egocentrism, putting one\'s own people on a pedestal.

But I\'m not entirely sure if that entitles him to be shown as a human... I\'ll let it pass for the sake of art Tongue
Humanity = evil. Sad but true. THe only other beings that can be evil are Chimpansees.
Human, yes. Humane, no.

People like to think of the two as being connected somehow.

That is simply not the case.

No matter how hard life gets, I\'d like to think I wouldn\'t put 11 million people to death before anyone could stop me!
i agree with you gagrin

i often think what it would be like to be the man himself, cause if you were brought up with racial ideas and stuff, no wonder..

i have a question though, about his parents, wonder if any of you know?:

did one of his parents, or relatives got killed by a so called \"foreigner\"? or was one of his parents a racist? cuase if then, i wouldnt blame Adolf, i\'d blame the persons around him, i think the father was the most influential though....

but cant speak till i got things straight right?

and ofcourse hes still human, but like any (well maybe not any) other person, he was raised by his parents, if his actions are lead from his family, you cant blame him! IMO
I don\'t think his parents were any more racist/fascist/antisemite than your average man and woman of that time... I think he reinvented the \"Jewish threat\" because he needed a scapegoat for the bad economy in the 1930\'s, and built his ideology around the systematic eradication of the Jewish \"race\"... I doubt any of his predecessors had a hand in that. \"Sie haben es nicht gew?sst\", I\'d assume...
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's