Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion: Murder, aids, abortion
11-03-2005, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2005 08:01 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Religion: Murder, aids, abortion
Heres a nice little subject with absolutely no controversial potential:

A study conducted in 18 countries conludes that the proportion of murder, veneral disease and abortions in a given society, is closely connected to the number of religious people in that society. The more religious people you have, the worse it gets.

And before you go for my jugular: These results are published by scientist Gregory S. Paul in the Journal of Religion and Society. His research indicates that modern democracies where a large part of the population is religious, have more social problems than societies that are largely agnostic/atheist.

Japan, the Scandinavian countries and France come out of the comparison with good results, being countries with relaxed and pragmatic attitudes towards religion. We have comparatively few social problems.

On the other side of the spectrum: USA.

Note this: None of the countries in the study are Islamic. All were christian, apart from Japan. (Note 2: Not meant as a christianity vs islam debate).

8)

Discuss, but be nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Religion: Murder, aids, abortion - =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD - 11-03-2005 07:55 PM