Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that)
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2005 07:06 PM by viper.)
RE: Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that)
I\'m not suggesting that every other man should have them but for them to be deployed relative to the amount that were in theatre... some of them were more common early on, others (like the M2) were more common later on.

So for that weapon, there would be 1 or 2 slots available on a map for it, so it is proportionally represented. That way giving some variability to the game and hopefully, educating new players that there are more weapons than what you see in the movies, as currently you see the \'big 8\' in computer games and movies.... and alot of people think thats all was in use.... (by big 8 I mean Thompson, BAR, Garand, M1 carb, K98, MP40, MG42, Stg44). Hence making TTR that bit more different from other WW2 games.

Others such as the MG15 were extremely common as they were cheap and easy to produce (Actually the same gun that was in the turrets of the HE-111 with a stock and bipod added). But towards the end of the war when the industry was being smashed to pieces, its all the Army was getting and they had to use them, as reliable as the MG42, more accurate but very very cumbersome.

Vips
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that) - viper - 01-13-2005 07:04 PM