Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that)
01-15-2005, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2005 06:28 AM by The_Punisher.)
RE: Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that)
No, the M2 was not used in the Euro theatre at all. However, it\'s possible he got it confused with an M1c with a filed down sear pin.

Another point I forgot to make was about the Mg42. The German squad operated around the MG42 and it had various forms of Mobility. The LMG42 had a 50 round rotary type thing (as well as LMG34) and was very mobile with a bipod already attached. The MMG42 had a 250 round case with a detaichable small tripod that someone else would carry. It was still rather mobile. However, the HMG42 was not. It was a little bit heavier, and the tripod was extremely heavy and reinforced. It was meant for heavy fortified positions that you don\'t want moving back.

Anyway, as I was saying, just as the M1 Garand was the focus point of the US Squad, the Mg42 was the focus of the German. Take out the STG 44 but make sure the MG42 is in and it\'ll stay balanced, possibly swinging the power to the Germans sometimes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thought I\'d get the first suggestion in (a real one at that) - The_Punisher - 01-15-2005 06:15 AM