[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: some suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • Selective Fire
    In Call of Duty, you can select multiple firing modes.
    Like the M1918(A2) BAR for instance, it has slow-automatic firing mode and fast-automatic firing mode.

The M1A1 Thompson, FG-42 (but I doubt that gun will be in the game), MG-34, etc have selective single shot/full-automatic modes.
  • Weapon smacking
    Both Day of Defeat and Call of Duty have this, and it works perfectly in close combat.
  • Body searching
    Body searching is quite essential in a war, especially for paratroopers which often lose all of their gear.

Like in H&D2, it would be cool to drag and drop (with an inventory) their loot in to your inventory.
  • Grenade cooking
    Grenade cooking is quite important, and even though it is quite simple a damn lot of games still don\'t have that feature.
  • Weapon jamming
    Enough said.
  • Deployable machineguns
    Deployable machineguns would be cool.
    My plan of implanting it is as followed:

You can spawn as a machinengewehrsch?tze/machinegunner.
    You can set-up you machinegun at every window/sandbag wall/low wall/low & flat object you can find.
    After deploying you can leave the gun or take it with you.
    When leaving it, it becomes a stationary mg everybody can use.
    It does have limited ammo.
Any questions or opinions?
It doesn\'t matter if you are stealing feature from other games.

It is quite simple, if it works and if it enhances the concept of the game in a good way.
Post it Wink
Sorry, didn\'t want to edit Wink

I want to emphasize that lens flare and blood splatting like in movies (much like in BiA) is very unrealistic.

I think most of the games want to achieve the most realistic realism possible.

Lens flare and blood splatting on your screen is too much cinematic.

When blood comes in your eye, you instinctively reach for you eye, or you simply don\'t see anything because you eyes are closed.

Lens flare when looking in the sun is not realistic either.
When you look in the sun, you will experience heavy blooming in your eye which softly weakens.

Is it possible to throw just a little blooming effect in the game, or does the engine feature any form of High-Dynamic Range-rendering?
SgtH3nry3 Wrote:[list][*]Selective Fire
In TTR:ut99, will no doubt be in there
[*]Weapon smacking
I agree, would be a good addition. Either that or bayonet
[*]Body searching
Don\'t know if they are aiming for that much interaction online but cool not the less.
[*]Grenade cooking
In TTR:ut99, will no doubt be in there
[*]Weapon jamming
Perhaps, depending on how lucky the dev team feels.
[*]Deployable machineguns
I dunno about this, you are creating a powerhouse class that I dislike in the first place. For example I don\'t like it particularly in RedOrchestra. Anyhow I am probably alone in this.

Just some quick comments made.
Interaction is always good, never ever underestimating interactive gameplay.

Yes bayonets would be cool too, but that shouldn\'t mean the end of weapon smacking!

But does anybody know if TSE feature HDR?
Probably not, but I can always ask! Big Grin

Does this engine feature a physics engine, and what engine?
Or can is this engine built in a way you can add one later?

It should of course be calculated client-sided, and maybe a few things server-sided.
Why? Because not everybody has 100Mbps Glassfiber internetconnections.
to clear it up a bit more:

[*]Selective Fire
This is definetally going to be in there.

[*]Weapon smacking
Melee is planned, and we dont plan to take it out Smile

[*]Body searching
This idea has been tossed arond pretty extensively, but we\'re still not sure. I doubt that if added, we\'d go so far as to have a pop up inventory(because outside the looting, it\'d be completely useless), though we may implement a looting system of some kind.

[*]Grenade cooking
Yes. This will definetally be in.

[*]Weapon jamming
Currently we have no plans to implement this feature. It also has been talked over extensively, and while it is indeed more realistic, we\'ve decided that it would ultimately be more of a hassle and a detriment to gameplay if we added it.

[*]Deployable machineguns
While we are still considering it, we might not opt for a specific class for MG gunner(as MG handling is generally a team of 2). The idea of player classes is pretty hard to handle correctly, and would be very touchy when setting up correctly, so it\'s likely safe to say that there wont be a specific MG class. However, there is the possiblity that some MG\'s would be capable of being picked up and displaced to other locations(but you could not fire while carrying. This isnt rambo Wink )

Concerning HDR:
TSE does *not* support HDR out of the box. However, there is a guy in the GarageGames community that is hard at work on a HDR implementation that we will use.
In short, yes TTR will have HDR, but TSE doesnt support it out of the box.

Concerning physics:
We are heavily leaning towards writing our own physics engine, mostly because physics is important, and we want very network effecient physics. instead of altering the engine to a physics implementation, writing our own would allow us to completely tie in the physics into the networking code, making everything more accurate and fast over a server-client connection.
TTR *WILL* have physics one way or another, but there\'s a good possibility we\'ll write our own.
it should also be noted that TSE doesnt support any decent sort of physics engine out of the box.

Hope that anwsers a few questions Smile
and thanks LT for handing a few of the answers out already Wink
SgtH3nry3 Wrote:I want to emphasize that lens flare and blood splatting like in movies (much like in BiA) is very unrealistic.
I agree, it is because I don\'t have camera lenses inside my head, I use eyes, thus I have no \'lens flares\'........ Wink

Quote:When blood comes in your eye, you instinctively reach for you eye, or you simply don\'t see anything because you eyes are closed.
I doubt we\'ll have blood splatting in your eyes in the first place, I mean, how often does it happen??

Quote:When you look in the sun, you will experience heavy blooming in your eye which softly weakens.
Yup, and after that you go blind Big Grin

Quote:Is it possible to throw just a little blooming effect in the game, or does the engine feature any form of High-Dynamic Range-rendering?

Mate, really, look around the forum just 2 seconds, and you\'ll see there are several threads about it, including images :eek:

Big Grin
BTW, if you have some more questions, ask, it\'s fun Smile
joeb Wrote:BTW, if you have some more questions, ask, it\'s fun Smile
Great Big Grin.

I\'ll certainly come up with a few Wink

EDIT:
Wouldn\'t it be great if you had slings on your weapons?
And to have those physics enabled?

Why? Well then they move back and forth realistic.
Of course it should be calculated client-sided because it is unnecessary to send those data to the server.

Grenade pins should have this to, or a proper animation.
Also client-sided of course Wink

And what physics engine will you exactly use?
A widely used commercial engine like Havoc (2) of a free one like Open Dynamics Engine?!?
well, we\'d thought about those slings some time ago, I guess it kinda depends on how the physics work out.

hehe, I think Havoc is a bit out of the question, as we don\'t have a budget that large. (remember we all do this as a hobby, for free)
joeb Wrote:well, we\'d thought about those slings some time ago, I guess it kinda depends on how the physics work out.

hehe, I think Havoc is a bit out of the question, as we don\'t have a budget that large. (remember we all do this as a hobby, for free)
I understand that Havoc is far outside the budget.
But OpenDE is free!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's