Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greenpeace
01-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Greenpeace
This year marks the 60th anniversary of the destruction of Hiroshima by a nuclear bomb.

2005 also marks the 20th anniversary of the bombing of our flagship, the first Rainbow Warrior, by agents of the French government in Auckland Harbour, New Zealand. The ship had been preparing a campaign against French nuclear weapons testing.

The threat of a nuclear weapon actually being used is today perhaps greater than ever. Nuclear warheads lie in insecure warehouses in Russia, weapons grade plutonium transits the planet, and nuclear power plants keep the deadly fuel cycle which feeds weapons systems alive. George Bush openly talks about plans for smaller, \"more usable\" nuclear weapons. For violent extremists of every ilk, a nuclear weapon is the ultimate prize.

We\'re looking for people who want to carry on the campaign against nuclear weapons and help us mark the 20th anniversary of the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior with renewed action against these dangerous circumstances.

All you have to do is register for the Follow the Rainbow mailing list at this special link:

http://prefs.greenpeace.org/user-registe...id=1310252

Remember to fill out the \"About Me\" section and your birth date when you register.

Let\'s end the threat of nuclear weapons together. Follow the rainbow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2005, 02:49 AM
RE: Greenpeace
Didn\'t the Russian president talk about a new type of nuclear device as well?
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2005, 03:46 AM
I lost all respect for Greenpeace when they ruined that America\'s Cup boat.
01-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Bush wanted to make Greenpeace a Terrorist organisation ffs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2005, 04:35 AM
well aparantly according to him a terrorist is anyone who speaks out against the administration/country... so under that logic they are
01-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Greenpeace is a terrorist organization. All they do is jack up prices on everything I swear. They don\'t even make a certain type of refrigerant for my car\'s AC anymore thanks to them. It\'s obselete now and I can\'t get it, AND it works better than what\'s in the NEW cars now. I think they hurt the economy. I actually have to pay someone to dispose of my car\'s old oil now. What the crap is that all about. I\'d rather dump it in the sewer for free. I have a dumb catalyst converter on my car thanks to them so it can kill my gas mileage based on a theory of CO2 causing global warming. And we can\'t drill in Alaska probably thanks to them because they don\'t want big ugly drills in the inhabitable parts of Alaska where no one goes. The stupid George Bush Freeway in Dallas/Irving isn\'t done yet thanks to them because the highway goes over a swamp and that MIGHT kill a certain species of MOSQUITOES that probably carry West Nile. gah
01-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Okay I suppose you could call Greenpeace a tad overzealous now and then, but you seem to think of them as some criminal organization bent on ruining your economy. Don\'t you think that your economy is ruining more than what you think they are ruining? I sure do.

The place in Alaska you speak of is off-limits to oil diggers because it\'s been a designated wildlife refuge years ago. Would you feel comfortable if they\'d tear down Lady Liberty because there\'s oil under her feet? It\'s basically the same thing.

As annoying as they might get, and radical as they might seem, organizations like Greenpeace are necessary to provide a counterweight for people like you. If it weren\'t for their efforts in the past, you might not\'ve been so lucky to complain about them.

Greenpeace deserves my respect for what they\'ve done and are doing. You\'ve yet to earn mine, but that\'s probably the least of your worries Tongue
01-24-2005, 08:53 AM
oh, don\'t worry about alaska, when the oil gets pricey enough, they\'ll start drilling

Also, let\'s not forget what terrorists are, their goal is to frighten and terrorise people, calling Greenpeace a terrorist organisation is rather extreme in my mind. For instance, I wouldn\'t seek cover when a group of greenies would come my way.... hmm..... on second thought.... Tongue
01-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Hmm, this is what greenpeace did.

One of the America\'s Cup boats was funded by a Nuclear Power Company. The boat was green, with the sails transparent with a hint of green in them.

Greenpeace sent a motor boat out when they were practicing and purposefully rammed the sailboat, ruining millions of dollars or research and parts.

This happened 1 week before the competition started. There was no way that they could get another boat in time.

I don\'t know about you, but I call that Terrorism.
01-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Please don\'t get me started on greenpeace.

Probably the most annoying organization since PETA. :nag: