Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mac Standalone
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2010 07:07 PM by Smithcraft.)
Mac Standalone
I have toiled away and produced something like a Standalone for the Mac.

Just as a note, something is messed up with my 10.3.9 system and it doesn\'t like UT, so I can not test it in Panther, but it should work.

Notes:
Still has many of the Mac TTR issues from long ago, including, but not limited to:

*No Music! (If you haven\'t heard it, get a UMX player, it\'s not too bad at all!)

*Random disconnects at the end of a match!

*Texture issues!

*It doesn\'t quit very well.

The file is about 386 megs of goodness, which will expand to about 610 megs of pure love. Big Grin

I have also included the stuff for OS 9, if you should need them. Delete them if you don\'t.

Also, important to note is that you can\'t really mess around with the unrealtournament.ini if you are using OS X. The UT for X program is a preview, or beta, release that was never finished, and some of the settings must remain as they are or the game will not launch. This may also apply to some settings in the TTR ini file.

Speaking of .ini files, I am using the .ini files from ScvWebFires 1.2 installer, and you WILL need to set almost every setting/controls!

Come git some!

SC

[edit] Still there! Not tested with 10.5, or 10.6! [/edit]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2010, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2010 09:34 AM by Smithcraft.)
RE: Mac Standalone
Looks like something might have happened to the archive when =D.C.L.I= moved over to another server a couple of years back.

I\'ll see about getting a new archive up shortly.

SC

[edit] I downloaded it via FTP, and it\'s fine. Make sure that you download the complete 367MB file. [/edit]
09-07-2010, 05:19 AM
i tried downloading it a couple of times on my mac. it kept stopping the download at around 180MB.

I think there\'s some code in it that makes Safari think that the file has been completely downloaded since the progress bar is at the right (around 40) percentage, but suddenly it will say \"extracting archive\".

I\'ll try on the Windows machine at home, but maybe a repack could improve downloading performance?
09-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Have you tried any other browsers?

Of course you could go in and grab it off of the Squad FTP, if you were so inclined.

SC
09-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Failed in firefox yesterday, worked fine just now Smile weird problem.

Download succeeded so nog problem here anymore Tongue