Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Announcement From The American People
01-24-2005, 02:19 AM
RE: A Public Announcement
That is supposed to be B?zkurt in Turkey. The Grey Wolves just adapted it for theire purposses.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2005, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2005 07:16 AM by Yellowbelly.)
That\'s the hook \'em horns sign thing. I live in Texas and have a few friends that go to UT. UT\'s mascot is the Longhorns so that\'s how it\'s used. Aggies, baylor, and maybe even tech have there own little sign thingamajig. And if I remember right, Jenna Bush did go to UT or is still going. I go for UT in all the college sports and everything. I would go for baylor since my brother and sister go/went there and I imagine that I will too just because, but their football team sucks.

It is actually quite rare for a US president to get the majority of the popular votes and the majority of the electoral votes. Most presidents that ran 1 on 1 with another canidate won by electoral votes only, when they got 49% of the popular.
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 07:23 AM
UT? Unreal Tournament?
01-24-2005, 07:27 AM
University of Texas. Largest university in America. I think over 50,000 students. Probably more now.
01-24-2005, 08:40 AM
punisher, just because this is the largets voter turn out since the 60s doesnt mean that it was landslide.

say we have 100 voting constituents. 49 vote for kerry, 51 for bush. now, during this election, there were more voters. say, 50 more. that means 24 voted for kerry, 26 voted for bush, since the turnout is still 49/51. he may have gotten more people to vote for him (the additional 26), but an additional almost half of the new voters DIDNT vote for him.

i helped with that. i was part of a large movement at my school to help increase the voter turn out.

also, half of america voted for Bush. but ALL of america gets him.

and, no, its not the end of the world, its just a time where many people will be forced to suffer.

i try to stay optimistic. i really do. but when there are documents reporting US Intellligence investigating targets for bombing in Iran, it makes it hard to think \"oh, well, it wont be so bad this time around.\"
01-26-2005, 05:49 AM
sorry folks but in my opinion bush is completely mad...^^
he wasn\'t right new/old president of the USA and had his new war-planes
for iran for example ready in pocket...^^
i think bush is a fucking warlord who thinks this would push his \"beloved\" ecoomy.....lol
i can\'t belive he was voted again...... :-(
01-26-2005, 06:40 AM
but he was, so lets try to make the most of it
01-27-2005, 03:18 AM
yeah that\'s true ^^
01-27-2005, 04:02 AM
@iso: the difference between iraq and iran is that iran will hit back, while iraq didn\'t (and probably didn\'t had even if they had something to hit back with)

@bush re-election:
Bush was re-elected on the following points (according to dutch media)
- Weapon laws: the infamous \'assault rifle ban\'. he got much support from the NRA lobby group for not extending it
- Abortion laws: that got a lot of the conservative christians to the ballot box
- Security: lots of mothers with children did vote for him because of that
01-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Quote:\'assault rifle ban\'

um that wasnt him at all, the gov\'t fergot bout it and it ran out, nothing was said bout bush bein involved at all lol, just that the senate forgot to renew it lol (wasnt like i followed it ne ways Tongue)