Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Announcement From The American People
01-22-2005, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2005 07:45 AM by SoulSurfer.)
Smile Announcement From The American People
well, being that this is just a day or two after the second innauguration of President Bush, i feel it my duty to make an announcement.

not all of us voted for Bush

i\'m sure many people know and realize this, but it may not be as public as i would like it to be. this isnt really a debatable thread, but here it is anyways. to everybody, inside and outside the US, whether you voted for Bush or not, just realize that this was by far NOT a landslide victory. the US is a divided country, and even though Bush got the slim majority, just under half of us did not want this and fought against this happening.

anyways, just thought i\'d like to point this out, though many other people have Smile

(*EDITED TOPIC* Request from a greater being, too much like a public TTR announcement SoulSurfer)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2005, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2005 01:29 PM by izzybob7.)
RE: A Public Announcement
i didnt vote fer bush or kerry. i was pro bush there for awile untill i got to drinkin one night and decided on a few things.
1. bush is a blood hungry war monger
2. kerry is a gey fag, the reason being he was soo far against the war in iraq that he voted every time he could against giving our troops better equipment. i can c why you dont like the war, but it isnt the troops fault, their just following orders, and to follow thru like he did is just gey.

so yup u guessed it! i voted for NADER! i actually had to write his name in on the ohio ballot too, for some reason or another nader didnt get all his ducks in a row and his name wasnt on the ohio ballot :wtf: . but ay ya know it happens i decided not to vote for either of the 2 evils and i voted for the guy who wanted to legalize pot :nag:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2005, 01:33 PM
:con:

interesting.....
anyways, its true that alot of people didnt vote for Bush, thats all fine and good, but its getting REALLY annoying to either hear \"oh jeez, the world is boned cause bush is in charge\"
i dont have any problem with peoples opinion, but really its down to the point that people + politics = stupid people.
alot of my friends where really annoying me during this whole election thing as well.

politics are just aggrivating to me.
just imo Tongue
ignore me Wink
01-22-2005, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2005 02:53 PM by LivingTarget.)
I think this point that bush is imagined as :evil: down here (Europe mostly eh?), is probably cause that\'s what the news betray them/him as. Everyone just goes along for most of it, although there\'s quite a lot of things said that are (truly) backed up. Like some dodgy deficits and all that?
I think without living in the USA yourself you\'d probably have no leg to stand on anyway saying this and that about it. All we get is straight from the media machine.
Now here\'s the broader picture, you\'ve got a fairly new state hardly 300 years old. It\'s large ass and so many people living in it. How can 1 guy decide what\'s best for all of them? I\'m sure the alternative for Democracy would be far worse, but it just looks very very fragile. Add to that that the guy looks like a semi-stereotype american gorilla, well he\'s the face of the whole country. Therefore people usually put everything on the same pile.

Bush = bad
Anyone following bush = bad
Everyone in the USA = bad

Those are easier links to make then you\'d think, especially since most Amercians are \'proud\' of their country. If you mention it most (online) will not even go into the subject and just swear or be aggresive. Not totally weird obviously.

We\'ve just got to remember to judge people by how they are not by what race, country they live in, religion they believe in etc.
People have their reasons and 90% of the things you think is in how you are influenced, i.e.: brought up as a child and growing up till now.

I don\'t like politics but I do like to debate about these opinions once in a while. :tup:
01-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Funny how you said that this is not a landslide victory, yet Bush won more percentage of the vote and more voters then anyone else has in a long long time.
01-22-2005, 05:40 PM
51% isnt landslide.
01-22-2005, 09:48 PM
i like you guys Smile
01-22-2005, 10:23 PM
i know not everyone voted for ush. The US is split in 2 sides with almost the same ammount of supporters. The bad thing is that the winning side chooses the goverement. Which doesnt make the goverement mixed from both sides of view. If the US jumped of that system and allow some democrats to be secretairy then it would be much better.
01-22-2005, 10:38 PM
YAY, finally a reason to post this:

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?...vies&NSFW=
01-22-2005, 11:36 PM
lol @ the video. I didnt like what bush did with his old term, but i come into the new one open minded, maybe it will be better