Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building a new computer
02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
RE: Building a new computer
My mobo is an AW9D-Max, yeah it has a 24 pin normal mobo connector, as well as another 8 pin connector, and a molex spot for the PCI slots.

Ok, I\'m having some problems, So i wanted to install XP and Vista in dual boot, but I\'m having trouble making a partition. Does a partition need to be created before any OS is installed? Because when I go to make one it lets me see the current partition, but i can\'t resize or create a new partition. I\'ve tried using the Vista Install disk to partition as well as a program called Partition Logic. I have a Sata HDD if that matters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I remembered to check the operating temps of my system, and noticed my c2d was running at 80c idle!! So i took of the cpu cooler and remounted it, now its down to 30~c idle
02-19-2007, 02:41 AM
:/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok...I myself am building a PC at the moment.

Part of my school tuition goes towards each person in the class getting a PC. so obviously it\'s not an overly expensive machine... but we\'ve gone for good parts Smile
however... I\'ve gone and bought myself a different case 2 graphics cards and a sound card.

it\'s gonna with be (my class) an AMD64 x2 CPU (4200 i think with an AMD memorystick)) on an Asus M2N SLI motherboard. 550 watt Ultra modular & x2 (sli readdy) powersuply (with an Ultra UPS). 2GB RAM OCZ Platinum 800 mhz, a sata DVD burner (LG i think?), a Sata-II hard drive (320GB seagate), and unfortunately a blue case i don\'t like with an ugly handle and 450 watt powersuply, a geforce 7300 GT SLI graphics card.

The parts i\'ve bourght are:
2 BFG Geforce 7950 GT OC grafics cards
A creative labs Audigy 4
A nice Thermaltake case
A 3rd fan for the case (92mm)

This machine should be put together this coming week i expect. I plan to run Ubuntu 64 bit and windows XP 64 bit on it. (I wanna see some 64 bit support for the new TTR!!!!)

oh and i have an 80 GB IDE western Digital Hard Drive for it already (for some spare storage space). The spare GF 7300 i\'ll be selling to a class mate so he can go SLI as well.. and the case and unused powersuply to the teacher who needs them... h?h?

Big Grin:tup:
and i\'m sure i\'ll take picture... oh and i\'ll be useing my old 19 inch Benq LCD monitor and Logitech 5.1 speakers.
I\'d ideally like more of the OCZ RAM... and a better CPU cooler to replace the standard AMD CPU cooler.... and a new monitor... like a 21 inch widescreen or something
04-01-2007, 01:32 AM
INTEL Core 2 DUO E6700 2.67 Socket 775
ZALMAN Cnps 9700-CU AMD & Intel

CORSAIR Twinx DDR2 2048MB PC6400 XMS2 (2X1024MB)

8800GTX 768MB PCI Express

CREATIVE X-FI Xtremegamer FATAL1TY PRO

ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi P965 Socket 775

SEAGATE 250GB 8MB SATA300 7200RPM ST3250824AS

SAMSUNG SH-S183A Zwart S-ATA 18X DVD-RW
NEC Floppy Black

ACER AL1917AS 19 Inch LCD

ANTEC Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case
OCZ 600WATT Gamexstream Power Supply

This is what i\'ll be getting in a couple of weeks. Might change to Core2duo 6800 with the prices dropping around 20th of april. And go for the 8900gtx if it comes out around that time.
04-07-2007, 02:13 AM
my machine almost works... but it has a problem with it\'s powersupply Sad
arg... probably gonna have to send it back
04-07-2007, 07:41 AM
needs core2duo anyway
04-07-2007, 11:03 AM
budget.

and anyways... the AMD chip is fine Smile
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
my hdd makes so much noise when its seeking or writing, its not a \"bad\" noise per se, like its breaking or failing, more like a series of low pitched clicks, i have another drive that is the same except the noisey one is Sata while the quiet one is Ide.

Drive is a WD caviar 300 gb

Anyone know any info on this, its really driving me crazy because i choose most of the components to be very quiet.
04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I have no idea so google?