Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building a new computer
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2007 10:55 PM by Jognt.)
RE: RE: RE: Building a new computer
Andius, are you using SuperPi or SuperPi 1M? Tongue

good luck with that case.. my brother has an NZXT case.. and it\'s one of the reasons why i dont buy cheap cases from nearly unknown brands..

I won\'t get into the specifics, since you just bought it, but you\'ll notice when you look at or use for example a TT case later on Smile

The_Punisher Wrote:I don\'t know much about computers (lately), however most house power lines are only rated to take 16 amps...

max amps depends on a combo of voltage, wire resistance, wire thickness.. this is also why beefier PSU\'s have thicker wires (some of the ways i gauge PSU quality, along with weight and specs)

Even though there was a limit for 18 amps on the 12v rail (one of the reasons for multiple 12v rails since 18A wasnt enough) that limit was IIRC removed again, but still PSu makers don\'t go far above 18A and those that do, are usually speccing their product at the maximum of it\'s performance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2007, 12:48 PM
RE: Building a new computer
Uh oh, have i gotten myself into something bad here? Please do tell the details on this one, I want to know everything i can, I can still RMA the case anyways if i need to, so please tell me hehe.

Most of the user reviews seemed pretty positive, and I checked a couple reviews on websites and they all gave it a thumbs up.

I\'ve been doing some computer repairs at work lately that have just been disasters, I\'m pretty nervous that my build will end up the same way. I\'m fairly good at these kinds of things, just having lots of bad luck lately. (I just bought a new Win XP pro, and the serial doesn\'t work...)

Super Pi 1m indeed.
02-09-2007, 03:09 PM
bourght a licence?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2007, 06:33 AM
yeah, i bought an OEM version of XP pro, i enter the serial that came with it, doesn\'t work, I\'ve checked it like 100 times. Then finnnally one time it just goes to the next menu finnally, and half way through the install, it asked for disk 2..which doesn\'t exist...what a headache.
02-11-2007, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2007 08:22 AM by Jognt.)
RE: RE: Building a new computer
andius Wrote:Uh oh, have i gotten myself into something bad here? Please do tell the details on this one, I want to know everything i can, I can still RMA the case anyways if i need to, so please tell me hehe.

Most of the user reviews seemed pretty positive, and I checked a couple reviews on websites and they all gave it a thumbs up.

I\'ve been doing some computer repairs at work lately that have just been disasters, I\'m pretty nervous that my build will end up the same way. I\'m fairly good at these kinds of things, just having lots of bad luck lately. (I just bought a new Win XP pro, and the serial doesn\'t work...)

Super Pi 1m indeed.

not much to tell, its not like as if that case will kill your PC, it will kill you long before that lol Tongue

its just that most cheap cases (like this one) use thin metal, and often a lot of sharp edges are in the case, holes not lining up properly, sometimes the sides vibrate with fans, so theyre sometimes noisy, small holes for fans to suck air through causing less airflow, more noise.. stuff like that... harder to work with..
I didn\'t really think it was that much of a deal when i bought my first MS-Tech case, which had a lot of thumbs up Wink but after a few years on overclockers forums, i learned a couple of things about cases, but i never thought it would be this much fun to work with a quality case when i bought my thermaltake..

btw, good luck with your Xp license, the box you got it in was still sealed properly right?

edit: about cheap cases killing you, thats an overstatement Wink they will leave a couple of scars to remind you of them though Wink
02-11-2007, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2007 05:28 PM by andius.)
Ah, well the case arrived on friday, it seems actually pretty nice, but I\'ll have to wait and see untill everything is inside to reallly know. If it really becomes a problem, I\'ll RMA this one and invest in a nicer case.

Edit: I just read a couple more reviews looking for the things you mentioned, it seems this case has all rolled edges, and minimal vibrations etc. I\'m optimistic at the moment Smile
02-12-2007, 01:04 AM
ironic how someone pays for a MS license and this is what happens to them Sad

treat it as a sign from god that throwing your money around is a bad thing Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Well, its a bussiness so I couldn\'t really pirate a version haha, its pretty sad that its much easier to get a pirated version up and running than a legit copy.
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
All the parts came today, I just finished putting (almost) everything together, it posted on my second try hehe, not bad in my opinion.

I didn\'t realize that Abit put 3 power connecters on this Mobo, all on different edges of the board, and you need to have a power connector in all of them. I\'m not sure why they all have to be on seperate parts of the board but oh well. Another little problem with the board (that is my fault really) is that it only has one IDE slot, so I can\'t run my old HDD along with my new SATA drive like i planned because the DVD burner takes up the only IDE slot.

Other than that, its nice and quiet and looks really nice, I\'m installing XP right now, so i can\'t say how it runs quite yet..but soon I will.
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2007 09:14 PM by Jognt.)
RE: RE: Building a new computer
andius Wrote:All the parts came today, I just finished putting (almost) everything together, it posted on my second try hehe, not bad in my opinion.

I didn\'t realize that Abit put 3 power connecters on this Mobo, all on different edges of the board, and you need to have a power connector in all of them. I\'m not sure why they all have to be on seperate parts of the board but oh well. Another little problem with the board (that is my fault really) is that it only has one IDE slot, so I can\'t run my old HDD along with my new SATA drive like i planned because the DVD burner takes up the only IDE slot.

Other than that, its nice and quiet and looks really nice, I\'m installing XP right now, so i can\'t say how it runs quite yet..but soon I will.

3 power connectors all need to be connected? o_O what board do you have? assuming a 965 intel board since you mentioned 1 P-ATA connector Tongue