Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
01-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
The latest thread stonedwolf made, made me think about this question. Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country or the other nationality you have. I know it\'s a hard question to answer to. If you say know yes then later on some obscure battlefield you won\'t or vice versa.

I think i will fight for Turkey altrough i live in the Netherlands. Why? Because i\'m proud for being a Turk and for the honour of my Turkish familly which has a quite long history.

But you what do you all think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
Imho it all depends. Being sent to Iraq and die there fighting is hardly \"dying for your country\" imho.

During the war, when the germans invaded Norway, a lot of people fought and died. Now that is dying for your country.

Still, not sure I\'d have what it takes to sacrifice my life. It\'s a wee bit precious to me you know. I guess I\'d find out if I ended up in a situation like that. Let\'s all hope we won\'t *have* to make that choice.
01-22-2005, 02:02 AM
I don\'t feel I have a country.

I was born in London England.
I live in france in Europe...
But I wouldn\'t fight for \'em: \"fuck\'em\"

I\'d like to live in canada however, though, joining the military and following orders just isn\'t for me.
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
The only case where I probably would be involved in a fight is in self-defense. But only if my country would be physically invaded by an agressor force and only if my country dind\'t start the agression. Also I would\'t fight for patriotism, but just to defend my beloved ones. I think the approach to the subject is different if we make that distinction.

Anyway, I guess that in the spanish civil war I\'d taken part to stop fascism, fighting or doing another supporting task.
01-22-2005, 02:18 AM
No, I think I wouldn\'t. I like my country but wouldn\'t die for it, see if like EK some \'evil\' force starts invading and killing that would be a lot different. But when will that happen? Sounds unlikely in modern western Europe.
Find all posts by this user
01-22-2005, 02:33 AM
seeing how im going into the marines i say yes i would. even tho most foreigners dont like our pres if there is another american out there fighting for america im not going to be someone that talks shit bout it without actually fighting any themselves. then when i talk shit about a war we are involved in then i fell as if ive earned the right to do so. i cant stand the people who are at home getting fat that talk shit about a war that we are involved in, in my opinion they have no right to talk about it at all.
01-22-2005, 03:31 AM
well, izzy, don\'t they in some way fund the war? Tongue

and no, I wouldn\'t want to die for holland....
01-22-2005, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2005 03:38 AM by izzybob7.)
Quote:well, izzy, don\'t they in some way fund the war?

ay everyones gotta pay taxes, but that dosnt make everyone politicians. (neways that was more directed at foreigners, just forgot to state it. as i said im a little buzzed :nag: )
01-22-2005, 05:49 AM
i put i dont know, because i wouldnt sign up for iraq or wars like that, but a third world war? if there was a threat of the uk being invaded, sure i would fight, fight for your freedom, who wouldnt in there own way of course
01-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I\'m willing to fight and die for anyone\'s freedom.

But that\'s just me.