Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
02-16-2005, 08:18 AM
RE: RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
isoFlux Wrote:if you think any politician is free from corruption, and doesn\'t tailor to his/her agenda to their supporters (political, and economic), you are kidding yourself. nothing is free, not even votes. politics in the media is like a shallow soap opera, while the real policy-making and voting is a delicate, dangerous, and restrictive web of red-tape and corporate thugs.

Once again I find myself quoting isoFlux.

And this is exactly why I would never fight for my country. War is simply an extention of the political game. No wars have ever been fought for purely moral grounds - not even the crusades!* Politicians need to incite the fevor and bloodlust into the population so that they will willingly go to their deaths and so will use any excuse possible.

*Offtopic but that comment INCLUDES Allied intervention in WWII. I know for a fact that Britain officially supported the Nazi party before the invasion of Poland. But as I say, thats off-topic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country? - GaGrin - 02-16-2005 08:18 AM