Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
just because somebody lives in another country doesnt deny them the right to criticize another country. if a country is doing something wrong, the people who say so shouldnt be required to be living in that country to be taken seriously.

i also have family members in the Armed Forces (in Iraq as we speak), and do i get all huffy-puffy when somebody mentions the My Lai Massacre? \"we were defending FREEDOM!!\", right? I am an American (whatever that means, anyways), and i dont see any problem with disagreeing with our actions, both domestic and international.

patriotism is dangerous. esp blind patriotism.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
But so is Anti-patriotism.
01-24-2005, 10:01 AM
RE: RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
isoFlux Wrote:just because somebody lives in another country doesnt deny them the right to criticize another country. if a country is doing something wrong, the people who say so shouldnt be required to be living in that country to be taken seriously.

i also have family members in the Armed Forces (in Iraq as we speak), and do i get all huffy-puffy when somebody mentions the My Lai Massacre? "we were defending FREEDOM!!", right? I am an American (whatever that means, anyways), and i dont see any problem with disagreeing with our actions, both domestic and international.

patriotism is dangerous. esp blind patriotism.
I really don\'t care about AMERICANS criticizing what we do.

I just can\'t handle other nations telling what WE should do.

For example, the tsunami donation money thing... That French U.N guy said America was \"stingy\" and that we should give more. What that twat doesn\'t understand is that it is OUR tax money that is being used, not his. And it is OUR choice on what we do with it, not some french twats/:roll:
01-24-2005, 10:05 AM
They also over look the amount of money we give out to the world anyway during the year whether or not a major disaster happens.
01-24-2005, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2005 10:09 AM by Pythong.)
RE: RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
The_Punisher Wrote:They also over look the amount of money we give out to the world anyway during the year whether or not a major disaster happens.
I think the U.N REALLY stands for:

UNnecessary
UNwanted
UNdesired
UNGRATEFUL

In the end, that french guy and most of the U.N are just UNGRATEFUL SOBS
01-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I dissagree. The UN is a good idea, it\'s just filled full of stereotypical wussie europeans.

The new UN needs to realize that it is *THE* world power and will smash anyone into the ground who does something they shouldn\'t.
01-24-2005, 11:51 AM
well so far the french, the un and europe in general have been had a go at :con: ...nice

the french guy retracted his statement as it was made when bush made his first pledge before raising it.. the UN has to worry about keeping as many people happy as possible... if were gonna have a political forums how about we keep it to proper discussions and not

\'well its our country we do what we want\' or \'well <insert name here> are just useless anyway\' etc etc
01-24-2005, 12:36 PM
The purpose of the UN is to protect those that can\'t protect themselves.

Because they are not doing this, you have several choices.

1.) Disband it entirely.
2.) Reform it
3.) Clean out the rabble.
4.) Ignore it.
01-24-2005, 07:15 PM
RE: RE: RE: Are you willing to fight and/or die for your country?
Pythong Wrote:
Big-Al Wrote:and just which company is that pythong?

anyone ever heard of the iluminati?
Sorry, I don\'t believe in wacked out consipracy theories.

However, I do believe America is a great nation, one which gives the most to the world, has helped many nations get out of debt, (They have debt they owe to us, we just say "Oh, that debt? Forget about it") Has HELPED defeat the nazis etc. Heck, many nations would\'ve gone bankrupt if we didn\'t exist.

To the terrorist scum who attacked us:

Before considering any more attacks on the United States of America, it\'s territories, military installations, embassies, etc., anywhere on this planet -- go ask the Japanese what happens you wake "...a sleeping giant..." and "...fill him with a terrible resolve." You must not have studied America very well -- we make race cars that go 200+ mph, because we CAN; we make over-sized trucks that crush anything they roll over, for FUN. Stick around and see what we can make when someone ticks us off! No matter how divided we may appear to the outside, we\'re all one big family. You don\'t take on one or some of us -- you take on one, you take on ALL of us!

I seriously think you should stop bashing the U.S and consider what it may have done for you, or your family. It\'s given so much to me that I would GLADLY die for it.
@phytong
Wake a sleeping giant... and get your ass kicked with the stuff you sold in the 70\'s (only a little better), and possibly by one or more of your so-called allies... that\'s what\'s going to happen if rummy gets his plans through (but that is something for another thread)

@joeb
stats are as credible as the composer wants them to be... don\'t believe in stats you didn\'t make yourself

willing to fight and/or die for your country?
If there\'s a war.... in the current state of the world?
i tink i\'m one of the first people who will get lynched by an angry mob before i can do something, because if i choose to preotect the thing i live for, i\'ll be seen as a filthy coward (and possibly as a collaborator)...
01-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Looking at something from a distance has it\'s benefits, It gives a more objective look, same counts for countries.
But Pythong, you seem to mix up our critisism to the US politics with critisism on the US in general.