Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yikes! I think something needs a fix in 1.3!
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2005 05:11 PM by Sober.)
Yikes! I think something needs a fix in 1.3!
Ok, so I just tried TTR 1.3 in offline mode (no bots though)

Pretty cool, PARTIAL AIM is great. But just a thing (yes more :nag: )

Assume that sniper/officer loadouts are default (so that they both have pistol + primary).

Here\'s the problem with the Allied sniper.

Fire. Switch to pistol. Switch to sniper, fire.

Granted it isn\'t VERY fast, but still fast nonetheless. This skips the bolt-pull animation of the Springfield (you can still hear it) and you can quickly (probably with mouse wheel) switch to and back to the sniper rifle. Not sure if this is balanced or if switching back and forth is less time than to pull the bolt. You don\'t have to make the bolt manual. You can do it how CS does it, if you want.

Let\'s take a look at how CS does it. (If you play. I do)

AWP (BIG 50cal sniper rifle that children whine about) + Pistol.

Fire AWP. Switch to pistol, switch back. ONE SECOND DELAY - see the shell casing come out, fire again.

There is about a 1 second or so delay in this system because what happens here is that the shoot animation on the AWP isnt done (shoot anim contains both the shot and the bolt pull), and the loophole in older versions before this was fixed, was to fire, switch and switch back, the shoot animation is \"over\" and now in idle.

Fixed so that if you don\'t finish the shoot anim, all you are doing is switching to a pistol (still useful whne get caught in CQC), but when you do switch back, it gives a second delay or so (since it probably still sees the bullet in the chamber, not ejected) and (rather than play the anim), you can\'t fire, but you\'ll eventually see the shell casing come out, signalling that you can fire again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2005, 09:05 PM
RE: Yikes! I think something needs a fix in 1.3!
Is this worth a tedious update I think it\'ll be? I see where you are coming from but I don\'t think it\'ll be on the priority list atm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply