• 0 Votes - 0 Average
so I started making a map
06-06-2006, 07:44 AM
RE: so I started making a map
That\'s crazy :o

....crazy AWSOME that is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2006, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2006 09:22 AM by Roy.)
Quick update...

I haven\'t had much time to work on the map but I\'ve progressed a bit. It\'s starting to get in shape, and basically all that needs is 1 more building, several fences, a few spots to take cover, throw in some decent lighting and... the objectives.

[Image: shot00004ra.th.jpg]

Note: the framerates in the SS are pathetic, however I\'ll be adding more bsp things to make sure you cannot see the whole thing at once, so it doesn\'t lag a single bit.
06-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, that\'s danged happy.
Me want. Me want. Me want.
06-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Another progress report...

I\'ve finally dominated a few things that were pissing me off in the editor, mainly movers and triggers. Other than that I\'ve been playing around with TTR airplanes and so far I\'ve got a couple of ideas for the map. The geometry of the level is roughly 90% done, lighting is so-so but meh, and all that\'s left now is the decoration placing and texturing, and the general objectives layout.

Regarding objectives I was thinking on doing a mix of classic zone capture and objective destruction. It goes like this more or less:

Allies:Starting area will be a dark swamp (the one seen on the video), from there they\'ll have to advance to the main road access and secure it.

There\'s a small opening in one of the cliffs that surround the swamp, where I made the telephone poles line start from. I was thinking on adding a small axis outpost with radio, alarm and such, so that if it\'s destroyed the comms between an imaginary radar and the AAAs would be cut => certain low strafe airplane triggers would take place. At the same time if the alarm was triggered it\'d start another set of events.

Securing the road will move the allied spawn points to the road so they have less distance to walk. I don\'t want to give out everything yet since I could change half the stuff later on but, there will be 3 main paths to get inside the farm: the main entrance in the crossroads, the farm that\'s to the south (not painted yet Tongue), and a third way that doesn\'t involve tunnels but mebbe blowing up stuff :wtf:

There will be a number of AAAs that will need to be destroyed to complete the mission (right now only 2), and I was thinking of adding a third optional objective for engineers with stealth skillz that would be pretty much blowing up the whole bunker => allies win. I\'m still unsure about it.

Axis: As the game starts the spawn points are \"randomly fixed\" to certain areas of the farm, trying to simulate patrols. The moment the alarm is turned on those spawnpoints will be set to the bunker, so that you can reorganize future waves from there. The bunker will be fuckingtastically well armed so it\'s a pretty good spot to defend.

I\'m still not done with the decos, but I plan to add at least 2 MG42s per Flak88 cannon, with sandbags, and with the optimal sight for a player that\'s crouched => deadly + low prifle, and each one will cover 90?.

There\'s plenty of spots for campers and/or kar98 lovers that will cover long, crucial spots. And last but not least, both german and american officers have binoculars. Well finally using them and a voice client should make a difference (ie: knowing if the MG42s are manned or not before being seen AND shot)

Soo cliffnotes: the allies secure the road and destroy the AAAs, the germans have to stop them. A few more optional objectives for both sides plus the ones I\'m not revealing Tongue
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
More pics
06-24-2006, 04:34 AM
looks good
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Very nice, Roy. I wish I was able to model terrain, but I never figured out how. Can\'t wait to play it!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2006, 05:13 AM
3d studio ftw man, I can\'t do shit in UnrealEd other than cubes and basic extruded shapes
06-24-2006, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2006 07:29 AM by Reno.)
failing that, i know there was a tool called \'terrEdit\' which allowed you to make a terrain for the use in UEd by exporting it as a brush you could load in.
really spiffy. shouldnt be hard to find if you look.

also, dang those shots are nice : D
This could make for the best TTR map evar :B
06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
cool looking stuff, and theres always a place for people with studio max skills on the team Wink