Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adrenaline?
02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
RE: Adrenaline?
Ahem... you should play TTR:UT.
You\'ll see that most of the aiming effects you mention are the basis of TTR from its starts.

Nothing to do with DoD gameplay... not to mention Quake... Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
isn\'t a similar feature going to be in the new medal of honor game? dogs of war i think it\'s called?
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2005, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2005 08:32 AM by Mr.BoJangles.)
This adrenaline could be a pretty good idea although I agree with The Punisher about playerside gaming high. Perhaps if the adrenaline deal was implemented it would be subtle changes like: You don\'t notice gunshot wounds and slight stamina increase. With the stamina increase you can run a bit longer. With the wound dealio you wouldn\'t know you\'ve been shot until the rush wears off and you bleed to death, although this sometimes happens without any special game effects Tongue it might be an interesting piece of codacious implementation.
02-17-2005, 07:28 PM
RE: RE: Adrenaline?
shift Wrote:Ahem... you should play TTR:UT.
You\'ll see that most of the aiming effects you mention are the basis of TTR from its starts.

Nothing to do with DoD gameplay... not to mention Quake... Wink

You’re right, I should have played the old TTR first, but I haven’t been able to find a copy of UT. I got UT’04 last summer thinking I’d have both R.O. & TTR soon. Oh well. :roll:

Anyway, I just got carried away with the adrenaline idea (which I still like). And maybe I’ll try a second hand store, see if I can scare up a copy of UT.
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Funily enough morale, hands shaking and such reminds me a bit more of an RTS then an FPS. Still if it can be worked out well enough...

I\'ve even still got idea\'s for TTR ut99, but whether you\'ll see a v1.4 is another story which you won\'t see here.
02-18-2005, 08:24 AM
I don\'t know about you, but if I\'m playing hard and some exciting stuff is going down, I don\'t notice I\'m shot anyway until I start blacking out in TTR.