Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Discussion on aim stances,
01-21-2005, 08:27 PM
RE: Discussion on aim stances,
Yeah nice stuff, that\'s the sh*t complete with images and stuff. N1 isoFlux. I think this is a kewl idea and it seems several people have been thinking about the same thing!

I find that aiming with smg\'s is largely hipped cause it\'s annoying when bringing up full aim (in RO). Maybe it could be like you can only \'burst\' when hipping.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Really good show there flux,

I only want to add that I want the shoulder position more in the middle and higher, so that is really a good position to aim from on midrange distances, especially for smgs, since in actual games they dont have the advantages they have in RL with the 2 aim stances.
Another nice add is, that you can easily implent sniper ironsights as the shoulder view position, so no need for extra keys there.

And finally, a really small zooming in after resting 1-2 secs in IS would be neat too, would add a little bonus for using this stance.
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
yeah this should be a very nice thing to have in TTR
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2005, 06:03 AM
i like this idea its cool, i think it should automatically be brough to should when your still or walking because this is what soldier would do, also it would remove the ammount of keys needed to to bring the sights up
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Actually, I don\'t need a new stance, I do it anyway and would get confused if you added it in.

In INF, I aim down because most of the time there\'s a lot that blocks what you can see from the gun. If I need to make a SHTF shot, I quickly pull it up and fire like mad. If I need to aim carefully, I take my time.
01-22-2005, 12:31 PM
since when did INF have that option? I see a WP1.1 but umod is screwed up for me (don\'t have original UT disc). Btw, Pun respond to INF DTASAL post. Getting broadband, if you need someone to play with, I will try to see if I can get back into playing some INF too.
01-22-2005, 12:52 PM
sounds like punisher does what i do in RO and TTR a lot (i dont play INF at all any more).

you just pull up ironsights and look down. its much easier in INF because of its verbose use of free-aim

heres your normal ironsights (its pointed a little up to make for a more drastic comparison).
[Image: inf_aim2_thumb.jpg]

and here is what punisher is talking about. you\'re still in \"aimed\" mode, but you are just looking down to give you are broader view of the surrounding area. it simulates shouldered-aim. when action hits, you just move your mouse back up so that your aim is centered, and fire.
[Image: inf_aim_down_thumb.jpg]

while this is a good middle-ground, it takes a really large freeaim halo to do it so it feels realistic.

i like both ways Smile but i think adding another aim stance is more progressive, and gives a more fluid feel to aiming.
01-22-2005, 04:08 PM
RE: RE: Discussion on aim stances,
Sober Wrote:Yeah, I suggested shoulder stance a long long time ago in a TTR version far far away...

Me too Big Grin
01-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Not the way I played INF. IMO looking through the sights and getting used to them will grant you a better reaction time in INF.
01-23-2005, 03:44 AM
But the problem is that it\'ll block a lot of your sight.