Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions bout Nintendo DS
12-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Questions bout Nintendo DS
I recently acquired a Nintendo DS (Wifi version) and was wondering if anyone knew how far the \"zone free\"-ness of it goes??

I know that technically you can import japanese games and play them on a european DS but I haven\'t checked. Anyone know this for sure if it works??

Also... does that mean the Gameboy (Advanced) games can be played too? The DS self is zone free but they never mention the games so can you play a US or Japanese version of a gameboy (advanced) game on the DS with no problems??

Finally, WIFI connection in Belgium... wheeeeeeeeere???

If anyone can help with these questions Id be glad.

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2005, 03:05 AM
RE: Questions bout Nintendo DS
The DS not being pray to aging TV standards, should mean the games are zone free. I havent heard otherwise. Playing Advance-games on the DS has been problem free for me, so far.

About missing wi-fi; you can bypass the problem by using a Nintendo DS Wi-Fi USB Connector.
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Well problem is the Advanced IS zone-restricted, that\'s at least what they told me.
I guess I\'ll need to try it huh?

Don\'t need a USB Connector as it\'s already IN my version of the DS, but Belgium just has greedy internet corps.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2005, 09:12 AM
well the simple way to play wifi on your DS at home is to get a WiFi dongle/PCI card for your PC... plug it in... activate connection sharing and set up a peer-peer wifi net (ie. your pc is a wireless router).... and you have DS wireless gaming at home Wink
Find all posts by this user