Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Super Intellectual Slipknot Debate
11-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Brick The Super Intellectual Slipknot Debate
tomcat ha Wrote:You look like a real frenchie al and get rid of the slipknow poster, because i hate nu metal.
Ok, instead of going offtopic in the post your mug thread:

Is slipknot nu-metal? are they a good band? do you like them? Is it ok to like slipknot and have a signed poster in your bed room?

http://www.roadrun.com/artists/Slipknot/

Let\'s try and have a fun debate about one of my favorite bands, but lets keep the swearing down to the same amount as on their 3rd album :tup:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2005, 03:25 AM
RE: The Super Intellectual Slipknot Debate
I used to like them, but that was like, 5 years ago or something, when nu-metal was still nu, and I still young and ignorant about music. Now I don\'t really care either way. It\'s cool as long as you\'re not annoying about it, but you\'re not, so it\'s cool Smile +1 for the signed poster Tongue
Find all posts by this user
11-18-2005, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2005 04:38 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
I dug their Rick Rubin produced number from last year whenever I happened to catch a glimpse of it on TV. They never wrote a power ballad, and for that they have my respect.

BTW I believe I am the only one in the world who does\'nt like Red Hot Chili Peppers\' ?Under the Bridge?. I find it to be a piece of nausiatingly sentimental shit (with bad guitar playing). There, I\'ve said it. The power ballad thing kinda made me out myself.
11-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Glad to know I\'m not the only one, mr. T
But I\'m a bit more extreme on that.

* shift burns all the power ballads, heavy ballads, and anything melodic made by \"tough\" guys just to get the girls

Never mix ultramelodic shit with wild guitars. It\'s just... wrong.
11-18-2005, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2005 05:35 AM by tomcat ha.)
Does melodic death count shift? Tongue I dont care if it has lots of melody as long as it has good guitar and non sucky texts

edit: oh yes Slipknot. I hate them because well they have bad guitars and sucky singing. Only 1 song from theire latest album was a bit nice. Why there are turntables also puzzels me.
11-18-2005, 05:43 AM
meh, not my music style anyways. voted \'don\'t care.\'
11-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Attended a Slipknot concert last year, those guys know how to play a crowd.

Been following the side projects from several members too. Stone Sour (corey) and the Murderdolls (joey). Completely different types of muziek, but very good nonetheless.
11-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Stone Sour isn\'t all that different, and they did a ballad Tongue

We should also praise Slipknot for their grotesque costume and make-up stylings! No really, I think we should Tongue
11-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Slipknot sux. I heard 2 of their songs and i can say that it\'s nu-hardcore. I like hc but not this kind of crap.
11-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Slipknot are slightly above the normal kludge of so-called nu-metal (yes, they are nu-metal. They are an angry Korn with more rap and industrial influence), and I respect them as artsits, but I only activley listen to them on an intermittant basis. I think its just a little too much anger/randomness for me. Its fun to rock out to when you\'re pissed or pumped or whatever, but in terms of melody and texture, they really don\'t hit me as hard as some other nu-metal artists (Musroomhead anybody?).

But I hear they are fucking amazing in concert, and I would very much like to attend one Big Grin