Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with mapping
11-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Smile Help with mapping
I\'ve just downloaded TTR for Unreal Tournament, and I\'m well impressed with what I\'ve seen. I would very much like to try my hand at mapping for TTR, but unfortunately I cannot seem to find any of the TTR actors and infos I need. I tried to open some of the supplied maps to find them, but UnrealEd won\'t open them, it just presents an error message saying it can\'t find the file \'TTR_misc\':wall:.....can anyone help me?

Cheers,
Fletch x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
RE: Help with mapping
Moved to \"Support\".

Hopefully, someone here can give you some help with the info you need.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2005, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2005 03:21 AM by LivingTarget.)
There used to be a whole wiki back in the days. Not sure if it\'s still is.

Found it:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Mapping_For_TTR

To launch the \"TTR\" Editor, just run \"C:\\UnrealTournament\\System\\Unrealed.exe INI=TTR.ini\" That usually does the trick and you can load up all TTR maps.
11-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Once you get the editor to work, check out BirraBrothers for some very useful tutorials on how to map in UED2. I found it very helpful. Also, don\'t get frustrated in learning how to map. Believe me, it takes a lot of practice and dedication, and once you know what you\'re doing, it\'s well worth it. Have fun mapping!

BirraBrothers -> http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/ued2.html
11-09-2005, 04:20 PM
It would be great to see some new maps for good old TTR.
11-10-2005, 05:42 AM
I\'m still working on one, but I have very little spare time to do so. I want to finish it soon, but I have to fix a lot of bugs... Sad
11-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Thanks for all your help, I\'m proficient with the basics of UnrealEd, I\'ve made a few half-decent DM and DOM maps but I\'ve never really published them or anything.

Thanks to you guys, I\'ve now started on TTR-ElAlamein, a basic map with a desert theme... I\'ll let you know how I\'m getting on!

Fletch x
11-10-2005, 07:09 AM
with palm trees?
11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
ooho nice, a desert map =)
11-11-2005, 01:46 AM
I also want to make a airborne map, with the Allies making a parachute drop, but I\'m struggling a bit with the gravity; I can\'t get it so the the Allies land without breaking their legs!
I\'ll probably set this one in Italy, maybe having the Allies start in crashed gliders scattered about mountains and woods and the Germans starting in their barracks, with the objectives being flak guns spread across the map...hopefully it\'ll make it chaotic and disorganised to make it a real struggle for the teams to sort themselves out.

Fletch x