Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riots in France...
11-10-2005, 03:33 AM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
The_Punisher Wrote:NO OIL FOR CHEESE!

No, I\'ve had a lot of stuff going on lately and haven\'t really had time to follow what was actually happening.
me nither, thing with this however, is as turbs said, it\'s a proble just building and waiting to happen...

besides, being outside the states, what does it matter huh?

even brought the value of the €uro down
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2005, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 05:01 AM by -=BYE=-RiptoR.)
RE: Riots in France...
[Image: demainenfrance.jpg]

Sorry, couldn\'t resist.

Anyway, there are riots very close to my home. I\'m living near the French border, and at work my bosses are afraid our trucks will be a target for the rioters.
11-10-2005, 05:59 AM
dude! it looks like she\'s only got one leg! thats kinda funny.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 06:18 AM
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:PS I don\'t think the media are doing anyone a service by sticking eager microphones in front of rioting 15 year olds in stead of trying to understand what has happened and is happening in the immigrant ghettos of france.

BTW how many of you were aware of these huge, depressing ghettos on the outskirts of Paris before the riots? If my guess is correct, that most of you wew oblivious to them, the rioters have already won by simply letting us know.
I think more people than you would\'ve figured had known about this before it exploded on the news, amongst others through movies such as \"La Haine\" (which I haven\'t seen...). Young people are generally more informed than the rest of the population when it comes to situations on \"the streets\". They may care less, but at least they know what\'s happening.

The importance of these events is that the disgruntled, rioting youngsters got the attention of everyone now, from the simple peasant somewhere in a lost little village in Southern France, to the man in charge on the fanciest seat of the nation. And the press did its part in that, but now they should focus on reporting the disease rather than its symptoms.

Everyone around me who\'s seen \"La Haine\" is saying that what\'s happening is just like in that movie... Is this the fact, or just a comparison to put things into a comprehensible perspective for youngsters?
11-10-2005, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 08:21 AM by Big-Al.)
La Haine:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

[Image: La%20haine.jpg]
11-10-2005, 11:27 PM
That really doesn\'t say much. I guess I\'ll have to watch the movie now. It\'s a popular selection in every dvd rental store nowadays, I reckon Tongue
11-10-2005, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2005 11:50 PM by Big-Al.)
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:That really doesn\'t say much. I guess I\'ll have to watch the movie now. It\'s a popular selection in every dvd rental store nowadays, I reckon Tongue
actuarly the french gouverment will probably try to ban it :rofl:
11-11-2005, 04:40 AM
if i could read french.
11-11-2005, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2005 05:04 AM by Big-Al.)
tomcat ha Wrote:if i could read french.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

click on this link^
11-13-2005, 05:58 AM
It seems like this could be over by now but it isn\'t. What\'s taking so long? But I don\'t know the whole situation.