Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Riots in France...
11-15-2005, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2005 06:40 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: RE: RE: Riots in France...
Delirium_ Wrote:I really don\'t feel like argueing about the validity of opinions but since I\'m in a bad mood...

:con:

Dude, chill. A debate where everyone agrees is not a very interesting debate. If you are more into kissy-cuddly stuff go browse the OT section. I\'m not questioning the validity of your opinion, It is simply my opinion (there\'s that word again, you seem to have a fetish with it) that one should look at the bigger picture of this whole mess. And the political correctness part was directed at AL. Im not saying its alright to torch the cars of innocent citizens. Jeeez.

Delirium_ Wrote:Your "joke" in the movie isn\'t a joke but a depiction of a society in decline (like he says it in the movie btw). Society plummething down to a harsh death but all it can do is reasure itsself that "everything is ok" even though, ofcourse, it isn\'t.

Err, I agree, so why the wacky attitude? You must have read something into what I wrote that wasnt intended. Joke, fabel, myth, metaphor – call it what you will, it\'s what you read into it that counts. I didnt think I had to spell i out.

Turbs Wrote:Perhaps a little glib, but still a good metaphor for the predominent feeling in a ghetto of not going anywhere fast.

Hey, in fact I did. But yeah, a little unspecific of where the fall was taking him. \"Not going anywhere\" doesnt quite cover it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2005, 08:29 AM
RE: Riots in France...
There\'s a simple explanation as to why they torch the cars of their fellow held-backs: they don\'t want to come out of their comfort zone (compare this to the guerrilla tactics of the Vietcong, who were nearly untouchable in the jungle, for example). Through text messaging and internet, there was a call to raise hell in the center of Paris last weekend, but the call wasn\'t heeded. Of course it wasn\'t. I\'m convinced it was just a scare tactic, to show the world they control the police. Joke\'s on the people in charge for sending a massive police force into the heart of a city that\'s as safe as a mother\'s womb.
11-15-2005, 09:58 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Riots in France...
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:
Delirium_ Wrote:I really don\'t feel like argueing about the validity of opinions but since I\'m in a bad mood...

:con:

Dude, chill. A debate where everyone agrees is not a very interesting debate. If you are more into kissy-cuddly stuff go browse the OT section. I\'m not questioning the validity of your opinion, It is simply my opinion (there\'s that word again, you seem to have a fetish with it) that one should look at the bigger picture of this whole mess. And the political correctness part was directed at AL. Im not saying its alright to torch the cars of innocent citizens. Jeeez.

Delirium_ Wrote:Your "joke" in the movie isn\'t a joke but a depiction of a society in decline (like he says it in the movie btw). Society plummething down to a harsh death but all it can do is reasure itsself that "everything is ok" even though, ofcourse, it isn\'t.

Err, I agree, so why the wacky attitude? You must have read something into what I wrote that wasnt intended. Joke, fabel, myth, metaphor – call it what you will, it\'s what you read into it that counts. I didnt think I had to spell i out.

Turbs Wrote:Perhaps a little glib, but still a good metaphor for the predominent feeling in a ghetto of not going anywhere fast.

Hey, in fact I did. But yeah, a little unspecific of where the fall was taking him. "Not going anywhere" doesnt quite cover it.
it was the lada bit that upset me cos i have one :alcoholic:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the Lada club... both my parents had them when I was a young teen.... HOW EMBARESSING used to get bullied night and day for it... even made up a little slogan for it.... its harder with a lada!
11-15-2005, 11:16 PM
I\'m just pissed off thats all, nothing personal.
If you want the full details you can talk to my shrink.
11-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the government of France has discovered what caused the riots...

It has nothing to do with their society or culture. It has nothing to do with what the governments policies are. It has nothing to do with the prat Chirac.

However, according to the French government... it has EVERYTHING to do with RAP Smile

French MP blames riots on rappers (Click Me)
11-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Ah, the good old \"lets blame the artists\" tactic. Just like NWA was behind the LA riots. As was Marilyn Manson responsible for the Columbine tragedy (or was it bowling?). And god knows how many teenage suicies have come about after listening to bad heavy metal.

How stupid do they think we are?

On that note, i know for a fact that AIDS is GODs punishment over humanity for letting the likes of Kenny G. and Kenny Loggins become successful recording artists in the eighties.
11-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Wow. Amazing how they can look straight past the reasons those rappers write stuff like they do. Some politicians really can\'t look further than their noses...
11-26-2005, 12:45 AM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Some politicians really can\'t look further than their noses...

At least Chirac has an excuse Wink
11-26-2005, 12:57 AM
RE: RE: Riots in France...
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Wow. Amazing how they can look straight past the reasons those rappers write stuff like they do. Some politicians really can\'t look further than their noses...
that\'s cos french ppl have big noses Tongue

Big Grin:wacko: