Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black people in prison/death row
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2005 04:43 PM by Sgt. Boomer.)
RE: Black people in prison/death row
In the US:
Quote:“Blacks comprise 13 percent of the national population, but 30 percent of people arrested, 41 percent of people in jail, and 49 percent of those in prison. Nine percent of all black adults are under some form of correctional supervision (in jail or prison, on probation or parole), compared to two percent of white adults. One in three black men between the ages of 20 and 29 was either in jail or prison, or on parole or probation in 1995.”

While in Britain:
Quote:“The number of black prisoners in Britain\'s jails has risen 54% from 7,585 to 11,710 since Labour came to power. At 16% of all those in jail, the number of black prisoners is hugely disproportionate to the general population, where African and Caribbean people make up just 2% of the total.”

So there is a definite imbalance. And some of that can be attributed to imbalances in the law and how it’s applied. I’m sure if O.J. were poor, white or black, he’d be on death row (or maybe even if he was rich, white, and not famous).

You raise some good points on slavery Iso. And I do remember something about the heinously politically incorrect study on IQs.

But I think more than anything it’s the culture of victimhood, envy, and entitlement that the left breeds among its supporters. And blacks do vote Democrat at a rate of 90%. That was understandable when the Dems were giving them the vote and civil rights. But lately all they’ve had to offer is rhetoric to feed the status quo. The playing field isn’t perfectly level yet, but it’s level enough to produce Collin Powell, Condi Rice, that Oprah beast, and plenty of middle class Af. Am’s.

And among those who are poor it isn’t Les Miserables in the US. You don’t see starving blacks stealing bread to feed their families. Crime is still a choice. So the core problem isn’t racism, but a failure of moral values.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black people in prison/death row - Sgt. Boomer - 11-02-2005 04:40 PM