Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black people in prison/death row
11-02-2005, 07:46 AM
RE: RE: Black people in prison/death row
isoFlux Wrote:...
The oppression and enslavement of the African race in the United States is the main reason for the lack of education, limited resources, and high crime rates found in black communities in the US. The average black man is poorer, has a lower IQ, and has a higher chance of engaging in crime NOT because of his race or his ethnicity. It is due soley to the fact that the white man enslaved his race/culture for nearly 200 years.

****DISCLAIMER: i think i may offend a peep or 2(sorry). also, i use the terms \"black\" for african-american and \"white\" for caucasian-american because im too lazy to type the full terms. also! i have no clue where cauca land is on a map.****

what?! :rofl: now that just sounds silly.

i guess the reason that the asian population is doing badly scholastics etc. because they were enslaved to make the railroads and work in the mines? oh wait, they\'re not doing too badly - worse yet! - i just employed the use of another stereotype.

now, i understand that the enslavement of the african race back during the country\'s inception, conception, revisement and reception didnt help anything. though, it is ironic that louisiana\'s attitude toward slavery was different. ANYONE could go into enslavement to pay off debts or something ~ thusly there wasnt really a higher race. they had a racially diverse military that tried to fight with the confederates during the civil war! the confederates were kinda shaken by their attitudes toward humanity and didnt want them.

i kinda rambled there, but the point is that slavery sucked and now its done. the best reason to learn about it is to keep such craziness from repeating. but that is the extent to its effect on modern day society.

and im leaping among points, but the big thing to do isn\'t to blind yourself to the difference in skin color(i mean, its damn obvious that there\'s a difference in melanin content). that doesnt solve anything and loosens ones grip on reality. instead, accept the difference just like a christian accepting the existence of judaism (christ was a rabbi anyway) and that the dalai llama kinda does make sense, etc. things are different! accept it and move on.

now saying that the reason a black man is more likely to commit a felony because a white dude enslaved his great-great-grandad implies that black people have the exclusive possesion of something hitherto only alluded to in science fiction called a \"racial memory.\" and though that\'d be cool, its not true(or else we\'d know how we got to this planet and the answer to the evolution vs creation question).

now, the result of felonious action stems from ones environment, rearing and fiscal situation. true, if you\'re born in a poor neighborhood gaining a healthy scholastic education is more difficult. but thats the source there! if you want to be a successful businessman you can either go to school and study or find a way on the streets. the first way is more socially acceptable but neither way is easy. but in a lower income neighborhood the second way may be the most accessable.

so yeah, the past has little to no affect on the future. its what you do with the present that determines your future. thats all i got, hope it made some kinda sense.:tup:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: Black people in prison/death row - dr.moe - 11-02-2005 07:46 AM